CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers fellas, still buggered. :)

Smoky, not many people detect around here at all. There are a few but the only one I know that gets out regularly is B5 but he's about 10 k's down the road from me.

Numpty, $82 is an outstanding total, way ahead of me until today, which was just a bit of luck.

Hey GP, the sideline area closer to the carpark had a small rise up from the field like a bit of a smooth sloped grass hill, perfect for spectators to sit or lay back and watch a game. Also the area near the toilets and cateen was chockas with coins. Tho opposite side of the oval and other end was empty. So I guess it wasn't too random, there were plenty of coins in the spots you'd suspect them to be.

B5MECH said:
:eek: What a haul 8) :Y: Your finds bag must have been full :lol:

I carry a bucket so it's easier for me to access my digging tools and pinpointer, all finds go in the bucket. It was getting heavy enough that I was getting sick of carrying it by the end of the hunt. :)

WOWOWOWO SO many goldies! I love that button! Maybe Gofind owner like myself had cleaned up the place digging up all the aluminium and ring pulls??? That is worth it! Yes I am always looking for spots with google earth as well. It is very convenient tool! :Y: :Y: :Y:

G'day Heath. As with the other guys, I have had a catchup scroll right through this topic. Man you are still smashing out some awesome hunts. You surely deserve the award for most consistent producer. Top effort.

Thanks fellas. I just put the finds down to huge amounts of people in my area and very few detectorists in the area, I very rarely ever bump into to anyone else swinging a detector.

I've been out swinging heaps over the past few months RJ, generally 2 or 3 hours maybe 5 days a week.

HGere are my finds from my last couple of hunts, one was a local park and the other was Manly beach around the volleyball courts where I managed to get 7 silvers, I find it hard to believe that these old silvers are still there..... Unless they were churned up by the big storm we had about 5 months ago, really keeps me wondering. Oldest was a 1914 shilling. There was another that had a hole in it, must have been a pendant at one stage. All the coins were pretty badly worn.

1492814452_20170421_133101.jpg

1492814452_20170421_133109.jpg

1492814452_20170421_133120.jpg

Who would have thought, a very unexpected coin to find at the beach! Were the silver coins very deep, maybe those that had already detected the courts were just targetting shallow spendables? :)

Thats a great score
Who would have thought something like that could turn up
I was thinking the same as GP, others must have been cherry picking and missed the silvers
Surely others are detecting the area :rolleyes:
Either way its all yours now :D

Latest posts