CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still some virgin ground left on the Northern Beaches. Was sitting around this morning thinking about where to detect today and realised I'm fast running out of spots.... Was looking at google earth studying all the parks in the area and looked at one that I'd been meaning to visit but hadn't got around to doing yet. I thought it would be a bust though thought as well that it's worth checking just in case.

Certainly was worth it, there was very little junk and $2 coins everywhere, it was like someone had already detected it, taken the junk and left all the goldies. :D I know that's not the case but this was justr the easiest cherry picking session for me ever. Also my largest goldie total for 1 day, which was closer to 3 1/3 hours really. :lol:

$105.75 and a crusty old half penny, plus a Fijian $1 coin. Also got an interesting old button and a vintage magnifying glass.

1492407307_20170417_151149.jpg

1492407307_20170417_151202.jpg

1492407307_20170417_151224.jpg

Nice one Heatho. :eek: :Y: ....You must live in an area where nobody goes detecting........i went to the beach today where i have only ever seen 1 detectorists...and today there was 7... :mad: :mad: :mad: .....All working the beach like hungry seagulls in a hot chip shop...Back to park hunts for me until the next cyclone ;) :D :Y:

What a payday Heatho, certainly pays to hit an area hard that is producing the goods, even if it means running out of legs. :D

Did you come across any "coin lines" or horizons in the sand that continually produced, or were they scattered all over the place?

Latest posts