CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit a spot that I've done before a few times, usually manage a few pre dec and goldies from this place. Got a ring too today, Pandora "rose", not rose gold, not even gold plated silver, it's mix of copper, silver and plated with 14k rose gold....... :rolleyes: :N: Still a nice find but nothing to get too excited about. :D

1493351636_20170428_121027.jpg

1493351636_20170428_121215.jpg

1493351636_20170428_121319.jpg

1493351637_20170428_133709.jpg

1493351637_20170428_133716.jpg

Nice few runs Heatho :cool: :Y: that park must grow coins 8)
Go Pandora :rolleyes: nice looking ring though, pity they go to all that effort to manufacture it and only paint it gold :rolleyes: :lol:
I starting to think there's no way those coins were cut by a mower may be a plough blade but no mower could cut that clean without bending it 8)

Would have stayed there longer but my pinpointer battery ran out, forgot to take a spare. Am surprised how quickly the carrot chews through rechargables, a heavy duty Eveready lasted me a few weeks, the 9v rechargable only lasts 3 hunts. Oh well, will just have to remember my spare from no on.

Cheers Smoky and B5

Unusual mix of metals for a ring Heatho, I guess it would have initially rung up a bit high for a small solid rose gold ring on the CTX - still looks the part. :)

Hey GP, it rang up right around where a large 18k ring would, was 12:32, it screamed dig me dig me. :) Anyway I bent over and there it was sunbaking on top in the grass.

Was a very gold like signal, wish it was real...... Foiled by pandora...... :p

golddiggerart said:
Heatho said:
Goldpick said:
Top hunt on the goldies Heatho, thankfully not many people at markets take eftpos - good for detectorists. ;)

God I hope that doesn't change anytime soon GP. :D

Thanks Art, very rare for Australia I reckon. Got me wondering who would have had such a coin. Tourist? War vet? Someone who immigrated here??? Gotta love this hobby. :)

Mate who knows huh? And yes I agree you gotta love this hobby, I know I do and have met a lot of people who ask how much for a good entry level detector, even had some talk themselves into buying another detector once they hear the beeps coming from the sand and dirt. lol :)
mate your giving the ctx a good account of itself :Y: 8) ,what coil are you using at the moment cheif :) ?

Danny13 said:
golddiggerart said:
Heatho said:
Goldpick said:
Top hunt on the goldies Heatho, thankfully not many people at markets take eftpos - good for detectorists. ;)

God I hope that doesn't change anytime soon GP. :D

Thanks Art, very rare for Australia I reckon. Got me wondering who would have had such a coin. Tourist? War vet? Someone who immigrated here??? Gotta love this hobby. :)

Mate who knows huh? And yes I agree you gotta love this hobby, I know I do and have met a lot of people who ask how much for a good entry level detector, even had some talk themselves into buying another detector once they hear the beeps coming from the sand and dirt. lol :)
mate your giving the ctx a good account of itself :Y: 8) ,what coil are you using at the moment cheif :) ?

Hey Dan, the other day at the group hunt I used the 17" coil and yesterday I was using the 10x5 as it's a bit of a trashy site.

Well...... had a another top hunt on the beepin stick this morning. Hit the same place I was yesterday and continued on from where I finished up, I managed to snag a 1918 shilling and about $32. There isd also a beach there so I went for a swing along the beach and started gridding. An old German fellow was watching from a distance and wandered over to see me dig out a 10.4g 18k white gold ring! The signal was a solid 12:32 in all directions, was around a foot deep. I don't know who looked more shocked, him or me. Anyway was a great start to the weekend. :Y: :D

1493438487_20170429_124621.jpg

1493438487_20170429_135055.jpg

1493438488_20170429_135129.jpg

Latest posts