Conglomerare test - which one holds the gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myazma said:
By the time a get around to dollying stuff I bring home (read when bored) I have usually forgotten where each bit came from. Note to self, time for a little black book
I use ice cream containers and milk cartons labelled for my samples which are usually heavies and concentrates, and I put the big stuff in certain containers of the same area or close by to try and keep some organizing.. but I have rocks everywhere here.. everywhere.. but organised chaos 8)

Either remember or record your finds and it will help a lot mate. HTY posted a very useful hint recently with what to do when you have a find of any metal or mineral, a very valuable tip.

you have been busy crushing it!, that's awesome mate, top effort.
im finding this really cool as im new to this but im starting to think I might need a pan and sluice and a few other things to satisfy my thirst, not just a detector.

Get friendly with your aldi store & ask them to save the pots that the bunches of flowers come in. Thats what I use to put samples in ( black plastic flowerpot ). Carry anote book and just tear out the page and put it in with the sample. with the location & a name that means something to you.

numpty said:
you have been busy crushing it!, that's awesome mate, top effort.
im finding this really cool as im new to this but im starting to think I might need a pan and sluice and a few other things to satisfy my thirst, not just a detector.
your not far from me remember mate and I'm open to meetups or digging even if you don't have the gear, I've got some u can use etc

Ok my guess from most to least is 4,1,3,2. I would like a lose up view of the gold and the enclosing matrix from each of them if possible. You can tell a lot about the type of primary source from the colour & shape of the gold and matarial in a sample.

Its all crushed up now so I can't show a matrix photo but you can see the color results from crushing on page 3 of the topic
Also there's no visible gold, its a test to see which one has gold, or if there is any gold at all in any of them

One of these I ran through my sluice for a few days and got some color but I didn't have the tools to run the other 3 because they wernt crushable with what I had. So basically I'm just sharing my own tests and asking what others recon might have gold

Number 1 on the left in photo one is just the matrix, the rounded quartz was massive and impossible to get out, the sample I crushed was on the ground so luckily I didn't have to work for it

Sorry guys delay again but I had to get out for the weekend and attempt to find gold with my new eureka handed to me by an awesome forum member. Tomorrow will have results 100% posted morn. Cheers for the patience and sorry for delays :)

I can still hear threshold in my ears.....woooooooo wooump wooump wooooooo bip woooo :|

Latest posts