Conglomerare test - which one holds the gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried shaking
Didnt work.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Today if flyday
Going home for a week.
Looking forward to getting out for a day or 2 prospecting

I gotta run off for a hour.. sorry ill explain more when I return
Just gotta pan! Should I crush it up more or u don't care?

1441851081_14418509916520.jpg

Lol... I wasn't happy as we want real results don't we, not half arsed.. so I've run the material through a fine sieve and re crushed to mostly powder..still some chunks but will get a better result than before.

The containers are still within the same order as the first rock photo. Supprisingly, number 1 was a lot easier to crush and once I could see inside, it looked very promising. They all did in fact so ill be interested still in the results. I may wait until tomorrow and record the panning or just do it tonight and use photos. I have been very careful to not cross-contaminate between crushing for true results as well.

After seeing what's inside.. I still am curious... suspence :eek:

3 looks like gunpowder lol

1441866725_14418664458000.jpg

Hmmm... i too am interested in the result. I had a great looking chunk of conglomerate from a mineralized zone around the Whipstick some years ago near where i got some prickly reef gold from. Size of a medicine ball it was and chunky alluvial's all through it, yum yum.

Took it home (was a cross between 2 & 4) and spent 4 days smashing, dollying, sieving and panning...... all for naught :(

I know it's "possible" to find gold in such conditions, it just hasn't been my good fortune to warrant bringing home every section of it i pass while hunting nuggets.

Mind you, i wouldn't be surprised to see #1 carrying some color as well. #3 to me would appear to be the least noteworthy in this instance.

Hope one of yours provides the fruit for ya AR, cos after all that work ya gonna need a cold one to either wash away the dust, or celebrate your fortune..

As to your query above... a combination of A & B

~EDIT~ I'm feeling the pins & needles in my hands now remembering "hand" dollying that bloody great wasteland of rock...& your setup looks similar to what i use, so thanks for going to the trouble.

Gypsy

I already know where the gold is in that certain section of the wall but I only did lazy crushings on this stuff as it was too much to do with no tools there for crushing. If there is gold, ill be suprised but I still recon 2 will hold something if anything, but there's something different about it than what most of you think you are looking at ;)

Atom,

I have been following this from the start & have been impressed with your patience & hard work
But enough already, put us out of our misery
We gots to know

Regards

Dirty Harry

I justs gotsa noe captain!

Sorry dirtyharry, gonna wait till morn for daylight to take snaps. Got interrupted earlier by children at school and taking to thier friends and sparkles and dancing and all that fun stuff :p

By the time a get around to dollying stuff I bring home (read when bored) I have usually forgotten where each bit came from. Note to self, time for a little black book

Latest posts