Conglomerare test - which one holds the gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say 4 would have the most because of it's rusty appearance.
It suggests it came from an area of the watercourse that contained a lot of heavy iron rich material and we all know what that means.

I think I've got the numeral system wrong 8) Completely backwards :D
Most 1
Least 4

1441291442_1441101481_1441101233156.jpg

This is how I worked it out in my feeble brain :D :D :D

I hoping that's carbon in number 1 8)

Ok well its Friday, i really should have explained the order of rock better for as most of us are not Japanese and we read left to right in general which means the leftmost conglomerate is number 1, the rightmost number 4.

Anyway its not a comp but it certainly was interesting to get your input so thanks all those who participated, I was more hoping for experienced answers but for some reason they did't input and might have a reason for it.

Anyway. My order i would say is 1, 4, 3, 2. two having the most.

A lot of you chose the obvious 2 ( the sandy orange conglomerate ) to hold the most gold, good on you to those who said 2 holds the most as this is what I spend a lot of my time crushing and sluicing.

But the real test is after crushing. Iver personally sampled these conglomerates before but this thread is about these 4 rocks only. So over the weekend I will crush all samples individually and pan them separate being careful not ti contaminate between samples and just see exactly which one of these 4 holds gold. Not only should 2 hold gold, but also a garnet or two or a sign of sapphires.

I would be absolutely amazed if one of the others contain ANY gold, but this is the joy of it, and one could hold an unexpected surprise for all of us but I doubt it.

Monday I will post the panned crushing results, and thanks all who had a go! Will be interesting to see.

I realize many just guessed but the ones that knew were certainly onto number 2 as well and I'm sure they will be just as surprised if one of the other conglomerates have gold just as u would too

1 - least
2 - most

I went with this option as since the samples came from the same face I assume the conglomerate is one and graded so larger rocks and gold down the bottom.
Jon

GaryO said:

Why I said 3 and 4 being the highest was a mix of iron stone and what in the pic I took as a compacted clay , telling me it could possible contain heavier material from sitting on bottom. Still most likely wrong but it was just my assumption rather than a guess with numbers :)

AtomRat said:
Ok well its Friday, i really should have explained the order of rock better for as most of us are not Japanese and we read left to right in general which means the leftmost conglomerate is number 1, the rightmost number 4.

Some people just like to make things confusing :lol:

Looking forward to the results!

*crush crush crush* ...erg... number 1 I think I gotta crush using my car..mega hard, I was going to leave it out but I've never been bothered to see what's in it.

What do we do if no gold is in any of the conglomerates ;)

AtomRat said:
*crush crush crush* ...erg... number 1 I think I gotta crush using my car..mega hard, I was going to leave it out but I've never been bothered to see what's in it.

Try again in some other place.
Karl

KarlS said:
AtomRat said:

Try again in some other place.
Karl
Reason why I'm saying it is because we spent all day running a close wall and got nothing after 3 wheelburrows roughly. So the tests will still be interesting to me and also let me know certainly where my gold isn't, but I think its lied and tricked me yesterday and the wall was slightly different from where the 4 samples came from so it could have just been a blank corner or too high compared to the rest

AtomRat said:

Shoot the messenger :lol: :lol: :lol:

1,3,2,4 as if I know any thing, but its intreging as the area I prospect in tas is conglomerate rock so I'm eger to find out as I may just need to start crushing my self lol

So we are still waiting on an answer on the crush?
Or have you forgotten

XIV said:
So we are still waiting on an answer on the crush?
Or have you forgotten
Hey, I've been busy man..I'm crushing it up in all the spare time I have by hand for the results
If you wanna help by e-crushing you will need to shake your phone in a left and right manner or download the iCrusher app to an android and follow the instructions..Tell ya what, its 3:20am, ill get to crushing more now so I don't get hate mail

Latest posts