Casting for TV show: Aussie Gold Hunters

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched the Youtube clip above about General Hercules...never seen him before. What a blast !! He's entertaining and funny and I would watch him in a blink. As Aussie as you can get. He'd amass a following pretty quickly especially if he added some story telling into his prospecting.

Maybe there is another production unit that would pick him up...as it seems Nat Geo and AGH had him and then dumped him.

General would be entertaining, a bit like watching a train wreck happening. Google is your friend...everyone leaves a trail.
Sometimes the trail leads to some not nice places

madtuna said:
General would be entertaining, a bit like watching a train wreck happening. Google is your friend...everyone leaves a trail.
Sometimes the trail leads to some not nice places

Yep Spot On,

I have watched his videos and he is entertaining but with all the editing etc they would make mincemeat out of him, I think he is safer living in Youtube Land, where at leased he can get his point across and not get cut off half way to boost ratings.

J.

Ramjet said:
davent said:
Disagree Tathradj, it has sparked a lot of interest, and Monday, went to a local spot, open holes and rubbish, crap holes, all over the place, actually saw the fellas responsible for it as they were driving in the week before, they had no idea, cheap detectors, and lots of beer.....
I've never seen an episode of Aussie gold hunters, so can't comment on it, but from what I've seen with fishing t.v. and what that's done, the only winners are retailers and wholesalers.

Access is difficult enough already.

Firstly, I love the show and hope it has many more seasons.

Dave I cannot see that one TV show is creating all the negativity you describe. The hobby of detecting has been growing at a rapid rate over the last several years. Like many of us I am on several FB groups related to prospecting and detecting. I am adding new members at a startling pace. A dozen per day and more.
I understand your frustration but the Facebook groups and even this forum play their part it spreading news of great finds etc.

Mate, I'm not blaming that show alone, but all of the prospecting, gold shows, the exposure prospecting gets, the more people will join these and the Facebook forums.the more people involved in it, the harder it gets, yes, I know I'm being selfish.... :cool:

Agree davent those shows can attract some of the wrong type of people to prospecting. Greed driven idiots who think its a quick road to riches.

The digger and I have often filled in other peoples holes or taken out rubbish left by others as we both hate seeing open unfilled holes out bush and rubbish all over the place.
:mad:

madtuna said:
While I prospect all year round, October to Januarys episodes would mostly consist of me sleeping under a bush trying to get out of the heat.

Plus sometimes I forget to put pants on.

I hear marble bar is not that hot at 55 degrees in the shade :lol:

madtuna said:
Nuggetbuster said:
madtuna said:
While I prospect all year round, October to Januarys episodes would mostly consist of me sleeping under a bush trying to get out of the heat.

Plus sometimes I forget to put pants on.

When I read that they're after people who are ACTIVELY prospecting October to January, I wondered how many bona fide pro's they'd actually get to answer the call regarding that time of year...

Then I remembered that it's not realism that they're after :cool:

I do actively prospect through the summer months, I have to as it's my sole source of income though I wouldn't call myself a pro.
BUT way too many recognizable land marks would mean no spot would remain secret. The stuff is hard enough to find for yourself let alone advertising it for every man and his dog.

Fair enough, I figured you would probably be out there even in the summer...but I wanted to take a dig at TV reality shows (in general) :8

Without growth we will have no say in goverment laws,nor the power to lobby existing laws.

I love watching AGH, and I have to say (in the show at least) they do look after the areas they prospect in and get pretty cranky if they come across a area where people have left rubbish etc - not sure if that's for the cameras or how they really are, I am going to guess the latter.

From what I have seen the show promotes prospecting in a positive manner.

Thanks Cranky E.

It's true, this is our teams back yard and they want to keep it clean.

Nothing - apart from not finding gold or poachers - makes our Aussie Gold Hunters more cranky than other people's rubbish dumped in our beautiful pristine bush.

Cranky Emu said:
I love watching AGH, and I have to say (in the show at least) they do look after the areas they prospect in and get pretty cranky if they come across a area where people have left rubbish etc - not sure if that's for the cameras or how they really are, I am going to guess the latter.

From what I have seen the show promotes prospecting in a positive manner.

Hello Diana, can I ask why you particularly want to film at that time of year?
Is it to make the show more dramatic by involving searing temperatures that the prospectors have to face?
Not trying to be a smart ass here just a simple question.

aussiefarmer said:
Aint seen it must be on that fangled pay tv :rolleyes:
Sounds like good bait to get them city slickers ta spend a few k on gear and go into an tha bush to get a proper reallity check , hee haa , dang crazy :D

Was on youtube before they caught and deleted them...

Latest posts