Aussie Gold Hunters

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Theyre the hard-core gold prospectors of Outback Australia and theyre on a mission to strike it rich! Whether its back-breaking work, extreme weather, mechanical breakdowns or cutthroat competition, prospecting is not for the faint-hearted. But our cast of gold hunters is tough, resourceful and ready for the challenge. Among them is husband and wife team Chris and Greg, the Gold Gypsies.

Read more......

http://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/the-screen-guide/t/aussie-gold-hunters-2016/34231/

webstertwin said:
Regular TV or fancy pay TV.?
Any ideas?

Fancy pay TV, should be out soon. Season 1 is all filmed and finished. I watched a couple of pre production episodes and it was pretty entertaining, even if it is dramatised a little.

I wrote to the producers (Screen Australia) and this is the response I got...

Afternoon Barry

Thank you for your email. Aussie Gold Hunters will air on Discovery in Australia. We have currently been advised that the program will premiere in September.
Please email me should you have any further questions.

Kind regards

Jace Dent
Coordinator, Documentary

Thanks for going to the trouble of finding out when this will air Barry.I am looking forward to watching this program. Cheers.

jamie said:
thanks for letting us know Barry and going to the effort to get more details, unfortunately no pay tv for me so i am most likely missing this one
Have a look at this site Jamie it has discovery channel online , try on a pc not mobile . Might be ok

LINK REMOVED !!

Ps.. doesnt work on mobile as i dont have flash .. and also seems to be women doing naughty stuff in a little box down the bottom :eek:
Seems dodgy . Ill try it first and pm the link if any one wants it.

GaryO said:
and also seems to be women doing naughty stuff in a little box down the bottom :eek:
Seems dodgy . Ill try it first and pm the link if any one wants it.
i like your style GaryO... The link for the naughty women one? :p
no seriously if the link works for the discovery one please send it to me mate

I wonder which one of the miners in the series they will portray like a Todd Hoffman

Seriously it's good to see something actually being made in Australia and I'm looking forward to the series.

Tonight I watched the first in the series, It seems like they are a few weeks in to the seasons because they already have Gold in their poke, It's well filmed and it is about 3 teams that have sunk all their savings and then some in to the ultimate adventure, Some folks are doing it the plain and simple way and one of the teams is trying to go big time with enough Plant machinery to make life easy as long as their luck holds out and they have the ability to do well, It's always good to hear a 5k blanking on a target and of coarse they are all on a learning curve good and bad,

I enjoyed it and it is well worth watching, and there are is a couple of moments that raise a Smile, But like every Doco filmed by the Discovery channel they add there bit of drama, Ignore that and it is still a good program,

So keep an eye out for when it is being broadcast, Enjoy.

John.

Latest posts