Aussie Gold Hunters

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coopes said:
Thats the guys living, they (Brent) does the research, has the passion and can ride the ups and downs, if they make extra pocket money from the show, well good.

Does anyone know what detectors they use when they go bush on the show?

Also Ethan is on percentage, how much do you think?

If he supplies no machinery and doesnt own any of the lease.. 95/5%
But he's working the mine and family too so I would go 70/30?

That was my take away, some (not all) rely on the output of their operations to make proper bank, cant be easy to do with a camera over your shoulder and the pressure of putting enough on the scales to make sure families eat after bills are paid.

Anyone with shoulders broad enough to back themselves to stump up for the operation, jump through all the hoops, and have the drive to see it through has shown enough to have my respect.

I can see some of you referring to when they are out "bush prospecting", and some when they are on their lease. I've been past their lease numerous times, they are digging some pretty well know gold rich areas so no doubt, nuggets will appear. But what really annoys me, is when they go prospecting, it seems the are the only ones with a 100% strike rate on big gold when "bush prospecting".

I've been to some of the "exact" areas they supposedly were prospecting, and it's very obvious these were planted. My guess is they took some of their gold found on the lease, put it back in a bit of clay and used that. Why do I say that - not one nugget has been hit, and they swing into them small holes - and make it look so real. Also, the young bloke ain't got a poker face - man if I struck an ounce plus, id be a bit more excited.

Also, sometimes they are able to stick their hand down an pull out that huge nugget first go, if you watch the show, you will know what I mean - the closed hand hovers over dirt then "magically" a nugget appears. Minelab must have done "some deal" with them to plant gold but "that's entertainment". I know many a professional prospector that will refuse this method for TV glorification.

I guess I'm not too fussed as I do this for the enjoyment, but pity the poor bugger that spends their hard earned cash after watching the show (a brand new Minelab of course) and heads out into the bush week after week lucky to find enough to pay for their fuel. Want to see what sort of gold you can find regularly as a professional prospector? Check out some of the characters on YouTube - Yeeeeha! A likable, laughable larrikin and many more like him.

But just like the other VIC crew, these two blokes put their money up front, dug the gold, and did well - Oh, and got a "little extra" on the side for some bogus TV show.

Im not on foxtel and want to watch the latest season of aussie gold hunters. Anyone know how it can be done. You tube is not helping at the moment.

i have all seasons pf aussie gold hunters if you want any
shakergt said:
Im not on foxtel and want to watch the latest season of aussie gold hunters. Anyone know how it can be done. You tube is not helping at the moment.

Fetch tv. Its on discovery Thursday nights + gold rush. Outback opal hunters seasons are on there as well.

Im on “foxtel go“on my ipad and phone for $10 a month and i get discovery , national geo, sky racing etc pretty goid value and i chrome cast it through the foxtell mini sat which you can buy for $50 at big w etc and whach on the big screen , or just on your phone or ipad if yr got one, way to go cheers

Im on “foxtel go“on my ipad and phone for $10 a month and i get discovery , national geo, sky racing etc pretty goid value and i chrome cast it through the foxtell mini sat which you can buy for $50 at big w etc and whach on the big screen , or just on your phone or ipad if yr got one, way to go cheers
Does this have season 7

Latest posts