Best hobby in the world

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good day fellow prospectors,

I am new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself briefly:

My name is Tom, 40yrs young and I am a hobby prospector/ mineral collector.

I am usually not buying a lot of stuff as I rather prefer to find the gems myself.

I have searched the European Central Alps for minerals over decades and it all started when my parents took me to fossicking sites close to the place where I grew up.

I got a couple of nice specimens in my collection and also found a nice emerald once (on a rock similar to the one on my avatar pic, just a little smaller :))

Will show you pictures of some of my latest finds from Australia and Europe as soon as time permits..

I am looking forward to maybe meeting one of you guys at a common fossicking site in future and I am also keen to participate on a gold prospecting tour with a couple of like-minded people (not sure if there are any organised tours in NSW).

Cheers,
Tom

Hi Tom.
Welcome to PA. Looking forward to seeing some of your finds.

There is a meet up for gold prospecting in the new year. Details are in the members only section which you should be able to access after ten posts on the forum.

Cheers

Ramjet

Thank you guys, right now I am having trouble to upload any photo at all - as they are obviously too big - will have to search the internet for a converter..

Nope, just moved to Sydney 4 years ago but have been looking for opal and sapphire in Australia in the past - such a vast country and a lot of hidden treasure :)

Thanks Ramjet, done!

Here is one of my small finds from Coober Pedy last FEB..
1450490716_optimized-img_0968.jpg

Welcome to the P.A forum Tom, sounds like you get around & enjoy your prospecting, you should also enjoy this forum, many good people here.

Latest posts