B5MECH's ATGold finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AtomRat said:
Nice token!
I've got 2 now AR just waiting for the fair to come back to see if they still use them
The park they go to here is at the end of my street but there used to be a tip there and there's some funky junk in there :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've been waiting to see the exact set up spot so I can hit it as soon as there gone
There a solid 48 id so starting to make sure I always dig that one
It must be a copper/nickel coin :)

Hi B5Mech,
Crushed spine syndrome, that sounds like it could cause some serious problems when out detecting, I hope you have a way to ease the discomfort, finding loads of worthwhile targets should help, good luck out there.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hey SinHof
I haven't thrown it in a few months maybe since the snow, I think I over did the weekend.
I've got to try and close a grid gap tonight before the weekend so I can try and mark it with the fresh lawn clippings :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hopefull on lots of targets in the next small section

Thanks Heatho, usually pops back to place in a few days
But til then last nights effort I started gridding from the wrong pole :lol: :lol: :lol: :8 took a bit to realize so wasted half of my time :rolleyes:
Checked the park on the way to see if I could grab another token. I'm sure I know which fair there from will check next time there here
1478230155_lo_001.jpg

1478230155_lo_002.jpg

And a pound

Nice old lock too, takes the mind back, where there's one PD B5MECH there's always a silver PD as well imho ! :D
8) nice ring find too ! :D

G'day B5 , great rings - definately Chinese , Japanese is more similar to ancient Chinese script . The rings most probably come from mainland China as the characters are a form of simplified Chinese introduced by chairman Moa after the nationalists lost the war and fled to Taiwan , Hong Kong and Macau all of which still use the more complicated script. So going on that its safe to say that the rings could of only been produced after 1950. The symbols mean the following , the symbol on the first ring means result or fruit(although the engraver looks to of made a mistake) , the second ring symbol means "because"and the 3rd ring symbol means not yet . But all the symbols have multiple meanings depending on the context . For example the first could also translate into the Chinese name Chen . Or if you combine the first and second symbols they mean "cause and effect". The only other explanation is the characters were mass copied as the first character is a mistake it's missing a line. A bit like someone going to a tatoo parlour and picking a cool looking Japanese / Chinese word only for the tatoo artist to make a mistake changing its meaning . Anyways interesting finds B5

Hey Danny, Chinese blows my mind there is too many different Chinese symbols, still not sure if it's upside down and back to front :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hope more keep turning up, shame it wasn't another goldie
so it could mean, not yet because of fruit :lol: :lol:

I might have to take it to a friend to make sure it's not too special
Just in case it's older than I think :)

Yeah they are interesting finds , they may not be Chinese made , based on the first rings symbol B5, unless the egraver was illiterate . Might actually increase the value of that ring :D

Latest posts