B5MECH's ATGold finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AtomRat said:
Hmmm heat will suck down that metal like an alabama tick.. Going to be tricky for sure.. I smell burnies :lol:
8.( Thats what I'm thinking, hmmmm :eek: not impressed myself today :/
It's a big 2"1/2 loop I was thinking I could get in and out quick enough to stop the burning maybe with crushed ice and ice ragged :eek:
Pretty risky hey :( :N:

Do you have a spare eye or a bit of steel you can bend into similar shape for testing with, and see if copper wire will draw the heat away before it gets to the string, ie; by making a few coils that float off it.. 8)
can you submerse the rod section into a bucket full of water, u may have to cut slots of both sides of bucket?

It's all original not sure if it's 1960's or early 70' so it's a is it worth the risk or maybe with a solder iron so there's no flame :lol: :lol:
I don't have another to test with but I see what you mean wrap stripped electrical wire tightly around under the joint to suck the heat out 8) :Y:
Actually I think I have a crap rod I can kill to test, thanks top idea :cool: :Y: I'll have to use ice cause of the size of it, one piece is 6 ft :lol:

I recon the bucket is the go but test what happens on that poo rod :D :Y:
soldering iron heat would maybe be diffused with ice mate give it all a go
But will solder be enough or is it in need of full loop repair from the fish shop which sounds like an expensive job re winding 8.(

I'm trying to keep it original, it could be glued but :mad: :N: I'm not like that I had to pull the listing til I decide on if I relist it repaired or in need of
It's probably more the collector wall hanger piece more than buying it to use, be a shame to ruin it down the beach
It's too cool to mess with :eek: 12"ft wood cork fiberglass beach rod :/ 8.(
1489056384_fff_001.jpg

1489056384_fff_002.jpg

1489056384_fff_003.jpg

silver said:
Bloke looks away for five minutes, B5 and B A M there's two florins on the score board ! :lol:
8) :p :cool: :cool: :rainbow: :party:
Thanks silver :8 My lead pile is getting weighty too :cool: :Y: I failed on the gold though :/ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Heatho ;) If I get scared testing on the rubbish rod I'll reassess the situation :rolleyes:
I'm sure I had it sold, was just giving the guy a day or two to respond in case he'll take it as is, the separation is where it was joined
I could probably get away with a normal soldier but was wanting the 50/50 for a bit more strength so I don't have to over soldier the joint
I'm not rushing yet maybe grab some tools from storage later today and see how the test goes :eek: :Y:
All depending on if I've broke my magic wand again :lol: :lol:

Ducked out for a quicky after the rain came over again :rolleyes:
No silver today :/ but a off center half penny miss strike :eek:
1489114280_ffffgrgdhdghdfhdfh_001.jpg

1489114280_ffffgrgdhdghdfhdfh_002.jpg

If any one wants needs a sparklets bulb holder let me know I can machine polish it up to look the bit :cool: :Y:
Has minimal damage and will but recycled if no one wants it :eek:

Danny13 said:
They will , gotta do the time and cover the territory
Think I've gota dig ring pulls :lol: :lol: I'm always busy chasing goldies and silver :D theres too many gold rings pulls in my park to dig them :eek: there everywhere :eek: Can't dig all targets here I'd need a shovel and a bucket sieve, there's some crazy shite buried around here :eek:
1489202131_dededed_003.jpg

The half penny would be a cool green one if the corrosion comes off :rolleyes:
1489202131_dededed_004.jpg

Latest posts