B5MECH's ATGold finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
Nice spill mate, it's great when they come in two's, excellent find. :Y:
Thanks Heatho :8 I thought there was a third whisper after rechecking the second time, maybe a 3p but was that dam ring thing :lol: :lol:

Goldpick said:
Nothing like double florins to put a smile on the dial, well done. :)
:D :D Thanks GP :8 Made them the last target, I had to hold back the YES Shhhh people are sleeping :lol: :lol: :lol:
Didn't even put them in the finds bag, in the pocket so I could look at them on the way home :8 That's the third from small area :cool: :Y:
I've really got to grid it properly :rolleyes:

1488967157_florins_001.jpg

1488967158_florins_002.jpg

Bogger said:
B5 what do you clean them up with ?
:Y:
Citric acid and hot water but a weak mix in a tiny little sauce bowl so I don't use much citric up :rolleyes: let it sit for a few minutes and brush it with a soft art paint brush, the grey ones are harder and there is a more brutal way
After neautralize it with bi-carb soda
If you have pitted ones you can finger rub polish them with moist bi-carb
They're not polished just pressed so it wouldn't polish them, it sort of leaves fine abrasive scratches ;)
They came up nice and quick them ones ;) :Y:
Edit should have said there not over cleaned :lol: :lol:

AtomRat said:
Some wicked finds been going on B5! Looket that thar silver! Even a bit o ring haha
Thanks AR ;) :Y: You know your having a bad day when you break a fishing rod for sale while trying to measure it :rolleyes: :/ while tearing the rest of my toe nail off that was taped on :eek: :N: Trying to figure out if I'll be able to get away with soldering the split back together :(
The large loop on a Pastime PowerRods Beach rod :eek: 8) 8.(
1489052504_hhh_001.jpg

1489052504_hhh_002.jpg

Small map gas touch, 50/50 solder with frozen wet rags and ice cubes to stop the heat from burning the string? :eek:
Am I pushing my luck a little far :eek:

Latest posts