B5MECH's ATGold finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
Gotta be more silvers there somewhere mate. They must be hiding in all the junk somewhere.
It's getting hard with all the tiny foil junk :rolleyes: no matter how much surface junk I pick up there's more the next day :rolleyes:
the park just had some not sure if there drainage pipes laid' and has pushed some to the surface around them :cool:
Getting to the point I might leave it for a while til the next high tide flood to settle it all again
even the BB's are getting deeep :N: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think I need to start the whole park griding again and not just hanging around the same small spots over and over :rolleyes:

Same as Heatho mentioned, if there are penny sized targets still sitting in the ground, you are still in with a good chance of silver. Ignore those shallow foil targets, should be listening for deep, possibly faint high tones, a lot of the small silvers do tend to sink a fair way into the soil compared to the larger coins. I tend to use my ears for selective discrimination, ignoring most shallower targets and taking more notice of the deeper ones if after older gear. ;)

There is still a lot of deep modern junk and I've been too busy trying to cherry pick the coins out :rolleyes: Got sick of digging copper and brass off cuts
Maybe next time I'll commit to digging all the high tone junk and see what else pops out :) :Y:
Wish the park was old enough to dig what you get GP ;)

Just remember those small silvers will only pinpoint as small targets, so anything with a large cross section when pinpointed is unlikely to be a coin (unless a hoard :D). Really is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, just have to close your mind off to larger more obvious/shallower targets - same as I did today picking through all the high tone scrap metal for smaller targets of interest.

Does make it hard in a park situation where there is a lot of junky fill or industrial waste from cleared sites converted to parks.

When for a quicky in search of silver :eek: :p
1487983573_ss_004.jpg

Mouldy silver 8) uncleaned, unwashed, straight from the ground :p may get steamcleaned ;)
1487983573_ss_005.jpg

Thanks guys :8 New thread :rolleyes: Today I Broke :mad: :lol: :lol: Genius the steam cleaner :mad: :N: :lol: :lol:
Almost minted yesterday 6p :eek: :Y:
1487995425_g_001.jpg

1487995425_g_002.jpg

The Magical Golden GB's :eek: :p GB's< Gold Babys> :lol: :lol: :lol:
1487995529_ggg_005.jpg

1487995529_ggg_006.jpg

1c looks like 9ct and the 2c looks like 12 ct :p :Y:
The pictures don't do them justice :eek: if you felt them you would question are they :p

All the coins csme up a treat hey ! :D
:Y: :p :cool: ( bb cools are not to be confused with silver cools they're only like 1/10 of a cool each,
and only given under extenuating circumstances :cool: :cool: ) :lol:

silver said:
All the coins csme up a treat hey ! :D
:Y: :p :cool: ( bb cools are not to be confused with silver cools they're only like 1/10 of a silver cool each,
and only given under extenuating circumstances :cool: :cool: ) :lol:

Latest posts