Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was born in The Mount and the date rung a bell. Never knew it was 190 meters above sea level though until I Googled it ?

So...

Who am I?

I was born in Devon England in 1820 and ended up being quite a divisive figure in the fledgling Australian colony. Some people loved me, some hated me.

ChrisD said:
I was born in The Mount and the date rung a bell. Never knew it was 190 meters above sea level though until I Googled it ?

So...

Who am I?

I was born in Devon England in 1820 and ended up being quite a divisive figure in the fledgling Australian colony. Some people loved me, some hated me.

William Quick.

Not Edward Snell or William Quick, but good guesses.

Another clue...

I arrived in New South Wales in 1844 and had an early association with the Murrumbidgee river.

You got it :Y: the infamous Frederick Walker of the Native Police. Regardless of what you think of him on a personal level, he was an outstanding bushman, and in his later years was commissioned to search for Burke & Wills.

Over to you....

1851 I discover specs which turn out to largest deposit ever Who am I and what property Im on

Latest posts