Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh ahh hmm... I thought Rockhunter had it, and I was just adding a couple of posts to move it closer to 2 million! :lol:

Now I have to think of one! Give me a few minutes here. I'll be back with you soon.

Cheers,
Megsy

OK, something a little different, but there is a reason for it, that will maybe become evident soon... :)

What am I? (And I'm after a "specific" answer please - not a general one.)

You will find me in grasslands, open woodlands, wetlands, flooded pastures and along the coast in inlets and bays. I am also common on farmland with dams, as well as around rice fields, sewage ponds and in urban parks. I will often be found around deeper lakes too.

Pacific Black Duck, we have a couple who visit every year, we call them Stuart and Doreen, when we are away and we see ducks we comment that Stuart and Doreen travel a lot.

1566612498_image.jpg

Between us, we could make this thread hit the 2 million views at this rate! ;)

Sorry, not the magpie geese.

The reason I said granola was that you said Sydney and I don't think Rosella tomato sauce started there - it was 1913 before Rosella opened a Sydney factory. it was a good old Melbourne product....
"Origins
TJ Press was the founding Managing Director and his partner was HJ MacCracken Carlton, Victoria and they began manufacturing in a Carlton backyard.[3] Shortly after being founded the company moved to Little Collins Street behind the Herald-Sun building and as it grew new,larger premises were sought. Land at Richmond Park near Melbourne High School was found and purchased and a new factory was established there. A new Board was formed under the chairmanship of Mr.F.J.Cato of Moran and Cato, the grocery chain store proprietors which had a large number of retail shops around Australia and acted as the main distributors for the growing range of Rosella products. Thomas James Press took a keen interest in overseas developments in canning and visited many Alaskan (salmon), American (jams and relishes) and English canning factories to find out the latest techniques. Rosella opened an Adelaide canning facility about 1900 and a Sydney canning factory in Alexandria in 1913".
No matter - continue..

Good research there, goldierocks. I didn't know my favourite tomato sauce started out in a Carlton backyard. It's come a long way since then!

My great grandfather had a lolly factory in Carlton. He was the man who created those teeth breakingly hard, different coloured candy shapes with the messages like "You send me" and "I love you" stamped in red on them. He also had a soft chewy mint wrapped in waxproof paper, and when a certain employee of his left his employment, he also made them and called them something else that's well known today. But let's not go there...

OK, back to the clues for the quiz.

Latest posts