Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You funny bugger STC :lol:

And if you happen to own Unit 8, 88 Eighth Ave, forget the retirement nugget. Just put it to auction and watch the bids go crazy :p

Realizing that he was too large to fit through the small hatch of a sinking RAN ship, this brave man helped evacuate those who could fit through, as he then led those left behind in prayers and the singing of hymns. He was posthumously awarded the second highest medal for bravery.

So what answer do you want :8 his name, weight and height, number of people saved, size of the hole, name of the ship or number of people who prayed :lol: you've covered a few questions in that list.

RM Outback said:
So what answer do you want :8 his name, weight and height, number of people saved, size of the hole, name of the ship or number of people who prayed :lol: you've covered a few questions in that list.

:D You got me there RM! I was so caught up in covering my tracks and not giving too much away that I ended up asking nothing!

It's his name I am after

Ok, can you identify this goldfields town.

1564458484_image.jpg

lol bugger, logged in too late for that one manpa! A couple of months back I stayed with the family in the house next door to Isons Butchers shop in Tarnagulla, shown in the last photo. We rented it from the lady who now actually lives in Isons old Butchers shop. Lovely little town

My only experience with Tarnagulla was a ticket for speeding on my way through to Bendigo many moons ago. Still travel thru there but I'm always cautious now.

OK

Born in USA I am very much a part of Australian history /folklore
Arrived in Australia in 1853
I was a commander of the California Rifle Brigade

Who am I and why am I part of Australian history

Latest posts