Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A prominent feature on my home states landscape, I was the site of a tragedy that killed all on board, including 3 of Australia's best known winemakers & a Federal politician.

Thanks. This Australian place sounds like two animals, in the shadow of an aviator. Where is it, and what occurred there?

shakergt said:
Mount Macedon
No. First clues and questions were "This Australian place sounds like two animals, in the shadow of an aviator. Where is it, and what occurred there"?

shakergt said:
I am stuck on the two animals bit
"In the shadow of an aviator" - although a plane crash, this is an independent clue unrelated to the crash. What is another name for an aviator?

Also the name of the place SOUNDS like the name of two animals (a single word) but is not - sounds like a farm animal plus a native animal joined together.

No not Boolburra. They sound like real animal names forming the word. " the name of the place SOUNDS like the name of two animals (a single word) but is not - sounds like a farm animal plus a native animal joined together". Even spelt like the two animals except they share the letter that joins them.

It was in the first half of the 1950s and was a Dakota

"In the shadow of an aviator" - although a plane crash, this is an independent clue unrelated to the crash. What is another name for ANY person who is an aviator - an alternative name of the job of aviator (an important clue as to a physical feature)? Also what type of physical feature would you expect a plane to crash in the shadow of?

The place is in Victoria but overlooked by a feature in NSW, and both are in National Park.

Only one died.

1564102405_aircrash.jpg

Latest posts