Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StoneTheCrows said:
Yep Good one Smokey
Overshadowed by Pilot Widerness

Goldie that was a tough (but Good) one
Well done. It was a RAAF plane. I first saw it in 1968 when exploring for copper in the Cobberas - in those days it was a fairly intact fuselage and separate wings. The pilot had skilfully brought it on the short clearing between two trees, so the wings sheared off and the fuselage slowed and slid along the gentle slope, So everyone else survived.
1564107819_cowombat_plane.jpg

It was later converted to an alpine hut.

Over to you.

Sorry guys scrap the darling scarp. This is a who am I and also what is the company name I founded. Either past or present name will do.

I founded one Western Australias longest running one of these

Another good guess Manpa.

I left Victoria in 1901 as a twenty one year old and moved to Western Australia to try my luck.

Time for another clue

I left Victoria with only my violin and promised my mother that I would not go to the goldfields in Coolgardie and Kalgoorlie because typhoid fever was rampant.

A goldfield was discovered by Chinese diggers walking overland from Robe in South Australia to Bendigo to escape the Chinese "head tax", and they named the main alluvial gold lead on the goldfield after an important place in their homeland. What was that place in China - its original name (it is now given a more modern Chinese name)?

Yes you are correct, and no that is the city's modern name (Guangzhou, the third largest city in China).

Over to you.

Latest posts