Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just caught up after 270 pages, bloody good read, I`ll name Glenrowan in case everyones looking for a difficult answer.

From Wikipedia,
Byrne and Sherritt were later convicted of stealing a bullock and served six months in HM Prison Beechworth. During this imprisonment, Byrne and Sherritt met Jim Kelly who was the brother of Ned and Dan Kelly. Joe Byrne met in 1876 and the pair soon became firm friends.

I am a place.
I was setup during the Gold Rush in the early years but my mines could not go deep enough
as water was and still is an issue.
A study was done recently to see if it was worth it to attempt to mine again and now there
is a new mine being developed and opened.

I aggree with dr duck. I think its The Dargues Reef Mine which is a opencut and shaft mine.

The Dargues Reef Mine is located just off the Majors Creek in southeast New South Wales.

Sorry for the delay in hinting people.
Thanks DrDuck for reminding me.
Answer is,
No. :)
I will give another hint shortly. :)
Apart from being in Victoria.

OK.
Been going on too long.
First person in with a question takes the floor.
Answer is Shepperton.
There is a new project designed to get around the water table issue.
Go for it... :)

Ok Doug I will keep the ball rolling.

1474353698_scan0011.jpg

In this old school photo are 2 Famous Australian cricketers as well and Balmain Bob.

Where are the famous Australian Cricketers located in the photo and who are they?

Clue. I did not grow up in Balmain but in NSW

Latest posts