Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks DrDuck and Doug
I had been watching that series Seven Wonders of the Industrial World and they did an episode on the transcontinental railway in the USA.
that gave me the idea to look at The Ghan.

Cheers

Bob

just realised i got this one...stuff hap'n all over... back with a question when i can clear the load!...hehe.PS..... GETTING RESTLESS FOR SOME MOUNTAIN AIR!

Who said this and ..where and when?...."These men who falsified democracy,now ask you to turn back.Turn back to what"!

Got to be Goff Whitlam referring to turning "back to" the enemy "the Liberals" In his election rant 1974

GT :)

Hope its right been waiting to say something for my 1000th post LOL

yep,spot on!...mostly!...the question clearly ask for...what, when and where!...However... I shall graciously concede that my expectations of a long and arduous passage of debate on this one, was decidedly brought to a bitter and most rapid despair.It was at the Blacktown Hall...delivered by possibly one of the greatest orators in the history of our nation...alas, this particular speech fell on deaf ears...and short memories.GT..your quick on the uptake..well done. you seem like you might be a good chess opponent...hehe. (takes his leave left of stage..licking his wounds) :cool:

Your a funny fella Reefer. I graciously accept the opportunity to post a question.

What am I ?

I am in a very remote location in outback Australia. I am over 4,000 meters long and I was made by man.

If you were listening to Macca on the ABC this morning it will be easy for you. The story that was told doesn't match any of the know facts on Google so we will stick with known clues.

GT :)

Don't listen to the ABC but pretty sure you are talking about Marree Man. I first heard about him quite a few years ago and have been interested ever since.

Questions are getting hard to find, this might be a bit easy.

What am I, I have been in Australia as long as the white people, pursued by many but hated by more.

Cook had a goat on board the Endeavour with him that had already been around the world.

The First Fleet had a number of goats with them when they arrived and like the rabbits had become pests

Latest posts