Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simpson as in Simpson and his donkey fame the man that carried out the wounded ? Has a statue at the Melbourne war memorial ?? Jack I think was first name?
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm just re read hint maybe not as he was only 22 when he died.
Second guess then Mad Harry Murray

My Battalion was the first ashore at ANZAC Cove. Shortly after arriving I could see the hopelessness of the situation and called for immediate
evacuation which obviously was not listened to

Thanks for the compliment there mate

Yes there is a large collection of information here that would make an informative book. Lots of little known facts about our country

I came across the information in my last question while I was looking for the answer to another question on here last week.

It amazes me to think that the fact that only the body of 1 soldier was returned home to Australia after WW1.

I had never heard of this fact until I read it last week

Hi peoples..sure was a good question...i did'nt google it i knew it off the top off my head!....."YEAH SURE YA DID!"/Comes the resounding reply :p be hehe. I'm tied up with a problem on my laptop so i'll be back with question for y'all!...Doug... its to do with it turning itself off..you think theres a missing or corrupted dll. file or just overheating...scratching my head with this one i can tell you...bloody computers.. i hate them... wait.. thats not true.. i love my computer!...hehe :p

Correct Bob.
This was covered in the Movie Gallipoli.
It was impossible to bring them home as back in those days transporting a
deceased person long distances was a huge project.
Let alone 10's of thousands.
They are not forgotten though. :)

Balmain Bob said:
Thanks for the compliment there mate

Yes there is a large collection of information here that would make an informative book. Lots of little known facts about our country

I came across the information in my last question while I was looking for the answer to another question on here last week.

It amazes me to think that the fact that only the body of 1 soldier was returned home to Australia after WW1.

I had never heard of this fact until I read it last week

goldtruck59 said:
Its a long way to the top by ACDC ? Bagpipes maybe

GT :)
It could be that John Farnham song that had the pipes in it GT?
I love the sound of the pipes, my dad used to play them in a pipe band during the war years.

No SCROUNGER...not that :) nothing to do with bagpipes..except that there could have been ...origionally. :cool:

Me myself associate Berrima in the Southern Highlands to Scotland The Brave.
Don't know why but this rings a bell and strikes a chord. LOL
Excuse the Pun. :8

OCH AYE JOCK..I canna ge ye any credit for ye answer i'm afraaaiiid!...y'll hav te doo awee bit better th'n thaat laddie.. and ye can all start te looook in bonnie Queenslaaanndd...

reefer said:
OCH AYE JOCK..I canna ge ye any credit for ye answer i'm afraaaiiid!...y'll hav te doo awee bit better th'n thaat laddie.. and ye can all start te looook in bonnie Queenslaaanndd...

PMSL

GT :)

Latest posts