Australia Post

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see our postal service as an essential service and at the moment Australia Post are not providing this service to a reasonable standard. I think somebody in government needs to act to get this service up and running again.

I sent a parcel that was received by Australia Post on 7th December and after several calls and complaints I was told yesterday that it was in Dandenong and should make it to its destination by 26th January. The original date for delivery was 24th December and that's ridiculously slow.

19 Jan 2022
9:18am
Awaiting collection at BACCHUS MARSH VILLAGE LPO
BACCHUS MARSH, VIC

I just received this message since demanding but failing to get compensation yesterday.

I think they are still catching up on Christmas deliveries. Used to have a letter or parcel within 3 days from most parts of Australia. Their Bosses ? still get bonuses--for what??!! :argh: :playful:

Jaros said:
I think they are still catching up on Christmas deliveries. Used to have a letter or parcel within 3 days from most parts of Australia. Their Bosses ? still get bonuses--for what??!! :argh: :playful:

What, Christmas deliveries from 2018 and prior. They lost the plot many years ago now, possibly something to do with surfing the net looking for expensive gifts for each other :mad:

Three out of ten parcels/letters i have sent from december have not arrived either. I have to wait another week before i can lodge compo. After christmas pile up now a shortage of staff from covid apparently.

I've just opened a free Sendle account....

1642568213_sendle.jpg

How does the *pick up from you* deal work i wonder being so remote.
Thanks Mr. MB it's peaked my interest. Always looking for options.

Had several items delivered by Sendle, the service was so bad both in shipping times and care factor in tracing item, I now won't purchase anything if the seller uses them to ship the purchased item. Just my personal experience with them.

Moneybox said:
Jaros said:
How long did you wait for a reply???? :)

Each time I contacted Australia Post I actually got connected to a real person within a reasonable few minutes.

Also gotta give credit to that except last monday they had a meltdown and couldn't take calls

Diginit said:
Had several items delivered by Sendle, the service was so bad both in shipping times and care factor in tracing item, I now won't purchase anything if the seller uses them to ship the purchased item. Just my personal experience with them.

That's not good news. I haven't used them yet but I will give it a go.

They use Fastway and Couriers Please. Fastway is owned by Aust Post. I think all post - shipping currently is pretty much pot luck at the time, be it a side b side or a letter I'm finding. Hope you fair well for as you know, remote location limits one somewhat in freight choices. :Y:

Toll is the main freight carrier up this way. Even the post goes each day on Toll and sometimes the cost of Toll freight can be surprising. I've had things delivered 650km from Perth for around $10 but I've been badly stung by them in the past so I'm reluctant to use them.

Moneybox said:
Toll is the main freight carrier up this way. Even the post goes each day on Toll and sometimes the cost of Toll freight can be surprising. I've had things delivered 650km from Perth for around $10 but I've been badly stung by them in the past so I'm reluctant to use them.
Your spoilt :D we are on Mon Wed and Friday delivery only :eek: But in saying that even having a Toll and TNT account myself, when i can get a 4x4 tyre shipped from Melb to FNQ for $17.50 thru Ebay sellers with Aust Post, Toll & TNT can't get close price wise ;) Heatho sums it up I think in that severe staff shortages are not making it easy for anyone. Currently have a side b side on order and it's sitting on docks in Melbourne for past 3 weeks, no trucks available to move container. The flow on effect sadly :(

It would appear as to where you are, I order a machine from Sydney on 16/01/22 and it was delivered this morning regional Victoria standard parcel mail. No complaint here with service. :perfect:

I had two parcels, from the same NSW company, posted the same day, from the same post office, at the same time, to the same address. One went Sydney, Perth, Geraldton and was delivered in 7 days. The other, went Sydney, Brisbane, Redbank, Brisbane, Parkes NSW, Sydney, Parkes NSW, Perth, Geraldton and was delivered in 30 days.

When I questioned AP, I was told that was well within their current delivery time, but they did not attempt explaining why the difference. The first parcel was a computer tower, quite a large package. The second parcel was a CPU, a quite small package.

So go figure.

Latest posts