Aussie Gold Hunters

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
john, a while ago there were a couple of guys around Bendigo doing some filming for a doco, I think it was screen aust. they were the ones that had their detectors stolen, a couple of zeds and a 2300 I believe. anyhow if these blokes are in this series keep an eye out for myself showing them a bit I found on the day they were there. its about 6 gram in a lump of conglomerate quartz and ironstone found around Wedderburn earlier this year. cheers mark.

markgoldhunter said:
john, a while ago there were a couple of guys around Bendigo doing some filming for a doco, I think it was screen aust. they were the ones that had their detectors stolen, a couple of zeds and a 2300 I believe. anyhow if these blokes are in this series keep an eye out for myself showing them a bit I found on the day they were there. its about 6 gram in a lump of conglomerate quartz and ironstone found around Wedderburn earlier this year. cheers mark.

Thanks Mark for the heads up, I will be hanging out to see the next episode, I think I read it is in Eight 60 minute parts,

thanks again,

John.

The link to it was on western Australian Gold,then it was removed within a short time,lucky I got to see it,put it this way I would describe it as pure "CORNY"
The scenery was about the only good thing about it,so I would not worry about seeing it.

Regards Frank

thedigger said:
The link to it was on western Australian Gold,then it was removed within a short time,lucky I got to see it,put it this way I would describe it as pure "CORNY"
The scenery was about the only good thing about it,so I would not worry about seeing it.

Regards Frank

Any of the So called real life documentaries that they piece together are corny and fabricated and where the editor keeps cutting from one place to another, along with Non Actors being used who are trying to act which just does not work, It would have been better if everyone just did their job, but apart from that it's ok, Once you see past that and focus on the area and the gear and the method it is not so bad,

john.

After the Olympics channel 7 are advertising an Australian Pickers show.

The Mrs hates the American Pickers, but likes all those shows about hoarders. She got interested in the potential for the Australian Pickers show to visit hoarders places.

The true hoarder, however, is usually very reluctant to sell or otherwise get rid of their stuff.

Good to see channel 7 and other networks investing money in home grown shows instead of buying crappy non humorous American sitcoms

I fell of my chair laughing when the dozer had finished taking a scrape off the top, and the sheila said "there is no gold here" after swinging her detector once in every three steps.

Redfin said:
I fell of my chair laughing when the dozer had finished taking a scrape off the top, and the sheila said "there is no gold here" after swinging her detector once in every three steps.

Yeah I see one of the blokes swinging it like that and I thought " He ain't gonna find much,

John.

Yep, lots of over dramatisation, and sticks pretty much to the general outline of these kinds of shows. Still I enjoyed it. Redfin's link works fine via a VPN server in the UK.

However, the site tells me there is only one day left to view Episode 1, and no other episodes are up yet.

Latest posts