AT Pro Hunts 2016

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woooooooo

1466921426_image.jpeg

Gold Baby!!!

Still out but will show more once home!

:D

Well only a short hunt was planned due to my Son having a sleep, Daughter at the movies and it being only 6-7'c but was so worth it. As you might not know we recently had our 3rd child and due to some interesting times I had not been out with the AT Pro since early March.

Had an hour spare today in the freezing cold so went to one of my regular (not recently) spots for a nice relaxing Swing with a beer in hand and enjoying the arvo along with all the other people walking dogs and just enjoying the park.

The ring came up as a solid 63. I was running in Pro/Open but only digging the steady signals and it paid off this time...

1466927152_image.jpeg

1466927173_image.jpeg

1466927203_image.jpeg

1466927225_image.jpeg

1466927246_image.jpeg

Good chance to find the owners with the inside having names and dates!!! Will hand into the Police tomorrow and then contact BD&M as I can only search records from 50 years ago onwards!

And to think I have just spent over $200 buying gold prospecting equipment over the last week to go find some specks.....!

Mike. :cool:

That is one great looking ring mikezoom and noting beats a quick golden hunt :cool:

Good luck on the natural gold, it is a different game but rewarding on so many levels.

Hope you find the owner ... Nice to find one that hasn't been in the sea for years ... I can imagine the story if you can track em down!

Quick hunt on way home from work today. Managed a 1911 comm and a 1897 Brit penny, $1, 2c and 3 x 1c coins. Not much junk, only a bit of scrap brass and a few ring pulls...

1467364452_image.jpeg

1467364513_image.jpeg

1467364541_image.jpeg

1467364566_image.jpeg

Also found this coin/medallion...

1467364653_image.jpeg

Bigger than a 2c piece, almost same size as a hp but a lot thicker. Not sure what it is and a lot of it is unreadable due to being in the ground too long.

1467364779_image.jpeg

Mike. :)

Interesting find Mike :cool: hard to tell but looks like small semi-circle indents at 9:00 and 3:00 for mounting in some way.

Might need to sleep on this one - very intriguing :rolleyes:

As mentioned above, I would be going slowly over the area a couple of times to see what else pops out.

Mike - sleeping worked - just vividly saw the reverse come to life, the image of a boxer with gloves has magically appeared from a deep sleep in the mud for the last 100 years.

What does that mean.......... .????? ...... But it is one more piece of the puzzle

Edit... Did you find it on old Showgrounds where a boxing tent could have been set up ??? Could be a token to fight 'God save you' or the prize for fighting and possibly attached to your pocket watch as a momento of the win.

Hey Wally,

Been on the web for ages trying to figure it out and finally had a hit but cannot for the life of me move forward from this description.....

1467435876_image.jpeg

Found at an old park/picnic area dating back to late 1800. Not sure there would be any boxing there but you never know!

Mike. ;)

Ps. You were right with the clasp mounts mate!

So close, yet so, far away - shame there is no image but it would be the same sounding by the description.

I am going to scratch the boxer theory and suggest it might be the sweetheart on the reverse waving her hankie, unless she is threatening to thump the living daylights out of him if he cheats on her, in which case the boxing stance holds. :lol: :D :lol:

1467449429_image.jpg

Latest posts