Mikezoom's AT Pro Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a quick walk around a local park yesterday arvo. Had a nice chat to one of the Council gardeners there and he was giving me a few other places to check out at a later date (Nice chap).

Pulled around $14-$15 in Decimal and the usual BB's. Found a handful of spent bullet casings (303, 308) which would authenticate what the Gardener said about the place being an old shooting range. The usual pull tabs and bits of aluminium/metal...... (sorry no pics of all this!).

Only hit one pre dec being a 1864 Brit Half Penny. Was a nice surprize :D

1445297637_1864.jpg

Starting to get way too hot to detect during the day so been making full use of Daylight Saving hours... (You Qld'ers don't know what you are missing!!!). :p

Mike.

Hi All,

Been keeping up to date with all the other finds and I gotta say feeling a little JEALOUS!!!

What's the go with all these pre 1900 Silvers and all I'm getting is bronze/copper??? :p

Caught up with a mate last night and swang our beepers on a vacant block adjacent to an old Trotting/Racing track. Mate got there 30mins before me but still only had alum/junk when I turned up. Walked up to him and imeddiately pulled out a coin spill... :rolleyes:

1446094115_img_4085.jpg

Nothing but junk for the next 45 minutes or so...

1446094242_img_4084.jpg

Finally had a solid 81-82? (I think)??? And pulled out a cruddy 1897 Brit Penny!!! :D

1446094432_img_4086.jpg

Started to realize the mozzies were bypassing the Bushmans and reach bare skin when I walked over a solid 48...... If I had of had the volume any louder it would have made my ears bleed.

1446095195_img_4087.jpg

1446095210_img_4088.jpg

Ah bugger..... Called it for brass/fencing wire junk... went home!

Went through my finds pouch this arvo and pulled it out in the light and noticed the little ornate leaves and engraved patterned edges, then wiped away a bit of dirt and noticed the color..... Hmmmmm it is quite heavy too!!!

1446095746_img_4089.jpg

1446095762_img_4090.jpg

Got it soaking in warn soapy water at the moment to have a better look. Hoping some here might be able to help me determine if it's gold or not???

Cheers! ;)

Mike

Nothing wrong with the old 1800's brittanias, sometimes I prefer them over the smaller silvers, especially when they come out of the ground with a nice patina and minimal oxidation. :)

I like the little leaves on it too Mike,... interesting find ! :D

Work, kids & life mate ..... :D

Heading up to the coast this week so will be gett Ng in amongst the sand for a few hunts which I will post here.

Will have more time to get out for local hunts after Christmas!

Cheers atomrat and have a great Chrissy mate!!!

Mike :)

Well suppose I should post the last few hunts of 2015 while I was on the Coast before I delete the pics...

First one was a quick park hunt with only a few ring pulls...

1452762284_image.jpeg

Second and third were both beach walks with nothing to write home about apart from the relaxing walk along the shore listening to nothing other than the waves and an occasional beep...

1452762415_image.jpeg

1452762446_image.jpeg

Some ice cream and beer money to be had and really enjoyed the break!

Bring on 2016 and May it rain pre decs and gold!!!

Mike. ?

Latest posts