Mikezoom's AT Pro Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi again,

Finished work at 8pm and hit a local spot for a very quick hunt. Too cold not wearing PJ's...

Found a few dollars and a nice 925 ring...
1436183761_image.jpg

Not much else to show but will post the rest in the morning!

Thanks & HH.

;)

Thanks Rog,

BTW, I have been meaning to ask..... what does "Touch the Frog" mean?

Heading out to some 1800's church/homestead sites in the next few weeks on my Brother In Law's Dad's farm. Been there before and there are loads of old Chinese dig sites but never had a Detector at that stage. Will make sure to get some video If I find anything other than shottie shells!!!

Mike. ;)

Mikezoom said:
Thanks Rog,

BTW, I have been meaning to ask..... what does "Touch the Frog" mean?

Mike. ;)

Touch the frog is from an Adam Hills stand up routine. It's complicated but basically it means don't be a dick. Don't stand by your ideals so much that you miss out on some of life's great moments. If you get a chance, watch Happyism by Adam Hills. BTW. The frog is Kermit. ;)

Good luck with the old church site. Sounds like a winner.

Been too cold/sick to get out much here lately but got a couple of hours in the late arvo last weekend before the fog rolled in.

Once again went to one of the older AFL ovals that I have been working on (I cut very neat plugs and leave no discernible sign that I have been there but even If I did not I would imagine no one would be the wiser as we have had sooo much rain and the footy players are absolutely tearing the ground apart).

I have found silvers here before but not this time...

Trash & a piece of Ned Kelly's helmet...
1438129544_img_3764.jpg

All coins
1438129576_img_3765.jpg

$ and 43/49 Roo & 20 Comm pennies
1438129601_img_3766.jpg

Found a lid to the old White's boot polish from the 20's/30's. Been awhile since shoe polish was stored in a glass jar...
1438129655_img_3767.jpg

An old hand crafted brass/copper ring. You can quite easily see the join in the last shot. Not many Jewellers about back then so I guess most people made their own stuff...
1438129729_img_3768.jpg

1438129812_img_3769.jpg

1438129866_img_3770.jpg

As said the ground is nice and soft here atm so makes digging so easy. Quite a comparison to Summer when it's baking under 40c+ weather!!!

Cheers!!!

Mike. :)

Woulda made some little loveys day to get that home made ring way back when,..... gotta say too,... that 1920 looks a bit of alright Mike ! :eek:

Every time I find the innards of a fob watch, I can't help but think of the possibility of a nice silver case lying around somewhere nearby, but it never seems to be the case. Most probably picked up by previous detectors I guess. Not bad for a short detect. :)

That Lycols looks like it would be a bit rough. And it's always fun finding bits of old fob watches,... I've only ever found one silver fob that was complete,.. never even tried to open it yet. :)

Just cleaned up one of my finds from last week and was quite surprised!

Now I'm not expert but is this silver?

Middle body of an old pocket watch that was found at an old 1880/90 site...

1438949778_image.jpg

1438949810_image.jpg

1438949831_image.jpg

Middle plate is only 2mm thick and has no cogs/fittings attached!

Any ideas?

Latest posts