Araratgold videos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking area there Rick and some great looking gold. Those two machines are a deadly weapon out there and don't give the gold much of a chance.

Good luck on the next hunt mate.

Cheers Wal.

Araratgold said:
Using a B&Z booster with twin speakers,

Hi Rick, Nice vids, nice results ..... assume you're using the Booster on the SDC, have the extension from Nenad and a twin speaker B&Z booster but yet to fit it, be interesting to see how it goes, last target recovered didn't register on the scales which is sad BUT at least it seems I'm getting tuned in to the slight variations in tone.

Just curious about your detecting amongst the grass tussocks with the 5000 and NF (14x7??), are you sweeping above the grass (almost looks that way in 1 or 2 of the other vids) or purely between the tussocks, looks like a bit of leaf litter and mulch before you actually hit soil ....
With the SDC I'd only be poking between the tussocks, doubt it would pick up a target if NOT on the ground, different story with the GPX but still usually just poke between tussocks thinking too much depth loss if not ????

Going to go 'cold turkey' and leave the SDC at home for the next couple of trips .... just too easy reaching for it and confidently sweeping an area ...... time to do the hard yards with the GPX.

Cheers T.

Gidday Teemore,

I sweep over the grass, in between it, and use my boot to lift the egdes of the tussocks to cover all bases. My trip starting tomorrow I am going to try a 20 inch round purely over the top to try and locate areas where the gold is " running ", and then we will follow up with the smaller coils on the GPX and SDC.

Your right about the SDC, it won't register over the tussocks, purely in between, as it doesn't have the grunt of the GPX. And yes, we are running twin speakers on the SDC with B&Z booster. Makes things much easier to hear on windy days, and just from the noise of scraping the coil over sticks and other crap !

Cheers,
Rick

Thanks Rick,
Will have to give it a try, may use a length of pipe or something similar to bury a sample under a tussock to see what type of signals come through .... will feel a bit more confident that way. Only using a 11" mono but will probably invest in a 14 x 9 NF in the near future. Was reluctant to go for larger coils due to the amount of tussocks but from what you say may be a poor decision if your results are anything to go by (assuming the gold is there in the first place).
When I find my patch, I'll borrow your 20" coil ....... ;)
Good luck, or rather happy hunting,
Cheers T.

Excellent!

Look like your digging up my back yard. Does not look like a typical spot?

I suppose that's why its there, all the "typical spots" have been over many times over many years.

Magic washing the dirt off that one!

Cheers

RS

Retirement Stone said:
Excellent!

I suppose that's why its there, all the "typical spots" have been over many times over many years.

Cheers

RS

Thanks for your comments guys, it is a nice find for a change, mostly only little pieces left these days !

You're right RS, not your typical spot, and that the " likely " spots in the paddocks have been done many times, right back to the SD days.

Rick

Araratgold said:
Retirement Stone said:
Excellent!

Cheers

RS

Thanks for your comments guys, it is a nice find for a change, mostly only little pieces left these days !

You're right RS, not your typical spot, and that the " likely " spots in the paddocks have been done many times, right back to the SD days.

Rick

I am 100 % certain significant detecting occurred at Most spots prior to the release of the SD series detectors, just read all the articles in Gold Gem and Treasure from years past. Jim Foster from Mt Gambier was getting lots of gold in the fields you frequent going by his articles. :eek:

Latest posts