Another bloody Heart attack.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Reefer, stick with it mate. My Father-inlaw gave up years ago, but my Mother-inlaw was having trouble doing so. So, he worked out how much she was spending on her habit over the next ten years, and it equalled a huge sum of money. She has a liking for nice jewellery, so he worked it out that what she was smoking over those next ten years equaled a nice big Diamond ring. Long story short, she got to choose a nice big diamond ring to the same value as her ciggy habit, but if she ever cracks and starts smoking again the agreed deal is that the ring gets sold. How about you negotiate with the missus for a GPZ7000 and a heap of gear to the value of your old habit projected over the next ten years? :cool:

Deepseeker said:
Well done Reefer, stick with it mate. My Father-inlaw gave up years ago, but my Mother-inlaw was having trouble doing so. So, he worked out how much she was spending on her habit over the next ten years, and it equalled a huge sum of money. She has a liking for nice jewellery, so he worked it out that what she was smoking over those next ten years equaled a nice big Diamond ring. Long story short, she got to choose a nice big diamond ring to the same value as her ciggy habit, but if she ever cracks and starts smoking again the agreed deal is that the ring gets sold. How about you negotiate with the missus for a GPZ7000 and a heap of gear to the value of your old habit projected over the next ten years? :cool:

Funny thing I've just been going through the costs and came up with a large sum :eek: I should and need to give up so I will use this sum as the incentive, just got to get my head in the right place, nearly there.

Yep, different things work for different people RM. When I was a young smoker I tried some disgusting smokes they brought out for people trying to give up called "Free". They were made from Coconut husks and were supposed to help you get off from the real fags. They tasted :poop:

So, then a guy I worked with gave up by chewing match sticks. I did that for a while but it didn't work. Another bloke gave up by eating tic tacs by the box full instead.

Eventually I was smoking normal cigarettes, chewing matches, and eating tic tacs because the fake fags tasted so bad. Then I used patches, but in the end I'd get home from work, take the patch off then have my first cigarette for the day. Next morning I'd put a patch back on and go to work to be smoke free for another day until I got home in the evening and ripped the patch off to have a smoke (man what a heart-thumping, nauseating, head spin that would give you!).

Eventually I saw an ad in the paper for a Dr that did Hypnosis as part of the Quit Campaign, and he bulk billed. The Hypnosis is what worked for me in the end.

You just have to find what works for you as we are all different, and motivated differently too

Mate what are you doing ,they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks but hey mate we want you around a bit longer whos going to play guitar and sing songs round the camp fire at the agm ,take it easy mate will catch up on the trail soon pal :pickshovel:

Latest posts