Another bloody Heart attack.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaros..almost exactly 12 mths mate...that was long enough for the ciggies to clog up the stint...Doc says...next time it could be an open heart surgery...if they can do anything at all....better you just don't smoke...my answer!?...Yes doc no worries! :poop: goodbye ciggies! :cool:

Hope you get well soon Reefer ,

I stopped smoking about 13 years a go,

Still have breathing problems from the rotten ciggies ...

Good luck with it all..

Goody :)

Rossco, please keep off the ciggies and keep well. Often think of you and others we have met and the good times around the campfire. Some health problems for Mrs J and pending property sale have kept us pretty quiet.

Occasional_panner said:
All the money you save from smoking you can now spend on flagons :beer: :cake:

bugger the flagons mate it wont be long and you will be able to afford a 7000 with the price of smokes these days i gave up 20 years ago became a non smoker overnight from a 100 a day habit dont know how my loved ones put up with me. oh thats right they didnt just take on a non smoker mindset and you will get there
Regards
Pagan P
:perfect: :trophy:

Keitzy said:
Are you still smoking weed.??
Hi Guys, Beer is as bad as smoke almost five years sence i had hart bypass three weeks ago more hart trouble angy gram next week No more grog, Never had a smoke in my life four weeks now no beer feel a lot better,

Jeez!...All this concern for little old me!....Thank you all sssooo
much...I can't go back now I have given my family my solemn promise that I am now a non smoker and I do the same for you all...with your support I know that I will not fail.Starting tomorrow it's my intention to pull out all the researich I have gathered for my story...Big Bobb O'Halloran and we will pick up the story in New York as he eventually arrives in Sydney at the height of the RUSH to the NSW Gold Fields. :cool: :cool:

When I was about 10 my mate and I found a packet of cigarettes smartest thing we ever did was smoke the lot, not a pleasant experience at all, I never touched another one till till 1963 when I started with the PMG. I actually remember the brand it was Gold Crest. Well thankfully the 8 year break was long enough for me to work out I really didn't need to do this and everyone else borrowed one or two off me, I wasn't getting paid enough to subsidise their habit, so never again. I take great delight in telling the many Drs I've seen over the past 6 years when they ask if I smoke that the last time was May 1963. Most of them weren't born then.

Smoking is the scourge of modern society. Sir Walter Raleigh has a lot to answer for. Smoking killed my father and my grandfather. Ive been trying to convince my brother to quit, but to no avail. He reckons smokers are the eternal optimists....it wont happen to me....
He smokes $200 per week....$10k per year.
I quit on my 30th birthday. That was 36years and 92 days ago. I think Ive got it licked.

yeah Fossicker!...I've got my eye on a Gold monster 1000!...and that's not all. One week in and I have saved $196.30!...still sting'n for a smoke :rolleyes: but it comes and goes...AND i'M UP AND DOWN!... :awful: :p :8 :playful: ...but more up then down so ...life's not too bad.Thank you and everyone for your support. :cool: :Y:

Reefer if it's of any help I once heard a bloke say he treated giving up the bungers like a big wave (not Pete or his bigger son :playful:) coming in while he wanted to be further out, tell yourself to push through it. It's difficult but can be done and gets easier with time and practice like most things in life really, all the best with your recovery and challenge.

Gave the durries away about 8 years ago after smoking for 30 years.It helps if you know what the triggers are for you wanting a smoke,like during drinking a coffee, after eating a meal, waking up in the morning etc and preparing yourself for the craving.For me it was after eating and I would just occupy my mind with something else knowing full well the craving was about to hit.Another thing is I think you really have to want to quit and you have a really good reason to give them up.Wishing you all the best.

reefer said:
yeah Fossicker!...I've got my eye on a Gold monster 1000!...and that's not all. One week in and I have saved $196.30!...still sting'n for a smoke :rolleyes: but it comes and goes...AND i'M UP AND DOWN!... :awful: :p :8 :playful: ...but more up then down so ...life's not too bad.Thank you and everyone for your support. :cool: :Y:

Good onya reefer, it gets better as the days go by, the problem is often your mates, not form here, but the one around ya that still smoke... they'll give you hell as they see you achieve something they can't or don't want to do, so stand strong. :mad: ]:D

Something to really look forward to is the subtle tastes in food, it comes back and suddenly you discover tastes you haven't know for years :inlove: then it's all onward and upward and a lot easier :)

My father-in-law is on the other side, emphysema and going through hell, seen too much of it when I was with Medishield, you don't want to go there

Latest posts