Good Evening Viewers:)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day All. I'm Jay. Old. Married. No money, too many hobbies and interests. Whatever your religion or politics, I can guarantee I won't want to hear about it. I enjoy blacksmithing, making stuff, bowhunting. I've been a flintknapper for about twenty five years- I hunt with stone arrowheads- make all my own gear. I ride a Harley Iron 883- had to finally admit that the Ultra was just too heavy for me now. I have a couple of boats- built the last one myself. Darlin wife and I have two acres of garden on our little farm- it's a great way to get rid of that bothersome pile of cash you have sitting around. I fish, like music- mostly traditional type stuff. I like moonlit strolls on the beach and poking dead things with a stick:)
Been around gold forever but only chased it for fun now and then. Lived for years around Hargraves, Hill End, Maitland Bar. Tom- of Hargraves, Lister and Tom- the ones who found the first payable gold- was my great, great grandfather. One of my great grandfathers was born at Ophir during the gold rush there- so Ophir was his middle name:)
I was directed here by another member- Don't know yet what he calls himself here- but if I turn out to be a problem, it's all his fault:) Cheers. Jay.

Welcome JayInOz. Good to have you here. Politics and Religion are baned here although some push the limits sometimes.
If you want to know something there is a search option, or just ask. Blokes here have an absolute wealth of knowledge.
Cheers and enjoy

Thank you kindly Wishful! Bladder cancer survivor eh? Prostate cancer survivor myself- we'll have to get together sometime and compare scars and horror stories:) Jay.

Welcome Jayinoz, when you and Wishful get together can you let me know, I don't want to be within a 100ks when you compare scars! :lol: :lol:

Evening Jay welcome to PA sounds like you've got your spare time and cash well and truly organised :Y:. All the best when you get out amongst it, are you using a detector or sluice and pan.

Thanks peoples:) RM I've always panned- the last time I tried my hand with a detector was about thirty years ago, below some Chinese diggings on the Meroo Creek on a mates place, in a spot I'd had my eye on for about twenty years, I found a dead horse with his shoes on. Big signal- big hole- really big disappointment! I've just bought a 2300 from another member- probably have it in my sweaty little hands about this time next week. I'm gonna pull out so much gold that the earth will shift it's axis. I can feel it in me bones:) Jay

JayInOz said:
Thanks peoples:) RM I've always panned- the last time I tried my hand with a detector was about thirty years ago, below some Chinese diggings on the Meroo Creek on a mates place, in a spot I'd had my eye on for about twenty years, I found a dead horse with his shoes on. Big signal- big hole- really big disappointment! I've just bought a 2300 from another member- probably have it in my sweaty little hands about this time next week. I'm gonna pull out so much gold that the earth will shift it's axis. I can feel it in me bones:) Jay

Awesome Jay the 2300 is a great machine when you do get the earth to shift off its axis can you tilt the Gold my way please :party: :Y:. You'll have a ball, best of luck.

Gday Jay, good hobbies mate! Too many people losing touch with what makes us man these days, glad to see you're not one of them.

G'day Neil. Yep I live on a farm just outside Gulgong- another gold mining town- also the town pictured on the original ten dollar note. About an hour east of Dubbo- hour and a half if the old dear is driving:) Jay.

Thanks mate. You'd remember if we'd met I reckon:) I'm a long, skinny old feller, covered in white hair- walk like I've crapped meself:) Jay.

Ha, I did some work on your house with CJ. and got you chatting about gold! Did I get the fever going again. Haha

Latest posts