Adelaide (SA) South Australia information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:mad: Thanks for the headsup Wishfull, hope its not a grizzle fest from the authorities or land owners about our favourite pastime.
Some positive news would be most welcome in the Nanny of all states :mad:

Not the Adelaide Hills but here's a nice SA specci for ya Wishfull. Seen it at the Bathurst Mineral Museum in NSW:
1469514412_14691627366500.jpg

Gold (crystal) with Anatase & Quartz from Mongolata SA

Jaros said:
Wishfull said:
Jaros said:
Wishfull said:
G'day apparently there is going to be a segment on Today Tonight ch 7 about gold in the Adelaide hills tonight 26.7.16
Is that Ch7 Sth oz.
Yes it is Jaros.
Bugger - wish it was national
Maybe get some one to copy it for you. I would if I knew how.

Mmm just watched it apparently this guy has found heaps at 200 meters 320,00 oz ? deep around Woodside. And they mentioned that there is a super sensitive detector coming out next month. Didn't say what brand it was. Anyone know anyting about it ?

Nothing really new there, the Bird in Hand project has changed hands a few times now, and those resource figures were mainly based off the previous company's drilling results. Having a resource is one thing, having the capital to progress it to a mining stage is another. I worked on a project drilling out another old mine just down the road, and along strike from the above mentioned mine.

Terramin purchased the mine from Maximus resources in 2015.

The second part of the video is pretty much just a promo for the GPZ 19" coil/Minelab.

So much footage didn't get used - there was about 3 hrs filming. All the bits shown were Adelaide hills gold finds, except the one where the pin-pointer is recovering a nice piece - not sure where they filmed that? They also didn't show any of the lad panning - I watched his interview and thought that would have added nicely to the story. He talked about his dad etc. Anyway, all in all I think they did a decent job. I didn't know Minelab was interviewed until Paul Makin asked me about the new "detector" during filming. He meant the new GPZ19 coil.

There is another small preview on the facebook page that shows a little panning, but only a snippet. Would be good to see a mine come to fruition, SA really needs the revenue, jobs and spinoff industries associated with the project. Unfortunately there are very few local people out there at the moment with the money to invest in such an operation, many companies end up looking for overseas investment (ie. China), or simply flog it off to the next highest bidder if the money is right.

Latest posts