Adelaide (SA) South Australia information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey paul, just wondering if youve found much as im thinking of starting to prospect more often in the adelaide hills as a weekend hobby cheers.

Gorge road, after the fires supposedly it got harder to go there as all the tree cover dissaprared on the area I use to go with a few others, but it is crown land mostly, besides the cuddle creek conservation park area.

Not much gold there but there Is gold!

Its mostly fine gold in the torrens isnt it? Where would be a good place to have a look around thats legal to go?

I originally thought that you could prospect the gold but not sell it as its legally the governments.. the lower creeks that flow from the river murray like down tungkilo way would they harvest gold being a different river system? Thanks tom id love to get in contact with you at some point as well cheers mate.

Yea shoot me a pm when ya want a chat.

Going by history up Barossa way there should be gold, and Adelaide hills it is all through, but from there till the triangle it's empty.

Then going far up north there is gold to.

But I've never checked out Barossa way or anything so can't confirm that.

And yea, any minerals belong to the crown, you don't need to declare them depending on size, but you can't sell it. Can only keep for specimen purposes.

Tom

Hey tom i tried to pm you but i couldnt figure out how too or im doing it wrong. So really any creeks streams or rivers in the adelaide hills should have some gold are you able to send me an email instead as i dont get notified when you comment. Thanks

Dalispy10 said:
Hey tom i tried to pm you but i couldnt figure out how too or im doing it wrong. So really any creeks streams or rivers in the adelaide hills should have some gold are you able to send me an email instead as i dont get notified when you comment. Thanks
You need to have 10 posts b4 you can use the pm. :)

Diggertom said:
Gorge road, after the fires supposedly it got harder to go there as all the tree cover dissaprared on the area I use to go with a few others, but it is crown land mostly, besides the cuddle creek conservation park area.

Not much gold there but there Is gold!

Hey Diggertom,

just fyi and for others, that spot at Cudlee Creek turns out to be private property, not unoccupied crown land....who knew?.... A lovely lady named Katrina had a chat with me recently there and explained that the land on the road side of the creek belonged to her and her husband. Of course I was all apologies for the intrusion. As luck would have it, because Adelaide is so small and generally there is only a degree or two of separation between any two people, it turned out that I know her uncle from my involvement at the Adelaide Zoo, so in the end she was OK with me panning there.

paul_mac1 said:
Its not a small mine, its prominent hill. I work underground and the only way you tell what's in it, is the rock looks blue, and waste looks red.
For some reason the forum won't let me load a PDF file in the chat box, doesn't have that function on android..........strange.
Its called ismo1 when it downloads.

Hi Paul_mac,
I just realised I had an old pm from you about Mt Crawford... not relevant now....but you talking about Prominent Hill I have a lump from there that I posted a while ago. https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=37825#p37825

Look familiar?

Hi yes very familiar theres tons of that stuff here lol.
i wouldnt build your hopes up mate, theres on average 2grams of gold per ton of ore.
Might need some more lol.

Paul

Just spoke with a geo at work and he reckons the red could be iron oxidised but cant be sure without seeing the actual piece.
He also said that would have been on the waste dump, sorry mate.

paul_mac1 said:
I agree goldpick it's as if the SA government think they have found it, ah well nothing new with Gestapo S.A. they still think everyone came over on the first fleet lol guilty til proven innocent hey :eek:

Cheers
Paul

Exactly Paul. My great,great,great grandfather was buried on KI in 1836, aged 68. He jumped off a whaling ship and was there from 22 years old, he had kids, so his wife was probably Aboriginal or South Sea Islander. I do not recognise the authority they spruik. Murderers and parasites. They have stitched me up real bad.

Latest posts