Adelaide (SA) South Australia information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Colour, I just picked up a pan myself and went out for the first time today at Mount Crawford Forest. The friendly staff at the info centre had me fill out a fossicking permit ($5) and pointed me in the direction of some locations I could try.

There weren't any running creeks but a few ponds of standing water meant me and a mate could pan. I don't know if it was luck, but we managed to find a spot that was giving a speck of gold every second pan or so. Not much but was exciting for a first time and better than I had expected.

I can recommend checking it out if you're looking for somewhere not too far away from Adelaide.

I'm keen to learn of any other easily accessible spots around the place but seems like they are few and far between in SA.

Good luck!

Hi Guys,All these posts are very old. Ive
Been searching the Mt Crawford forest for the last year when I was allowed in. Still nothing but junk. Any body want to join me for a swing let me no.Using the gold monster. Paul

Latest posts