9 year old needs help

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm 9 years old I'm interested in gold and gem hunting only just starting does anyone know where my parents could take me gold sluicing around Castlemaine.
I'm not after your best spot but just won't somewhere I can find something.
Any suggestions
Thanks very very very much.

Little gem hunter said:
Hi everyone
I'm 9 years old I'm interested in gold and gem hunting only just starting does anyone know where my parents could take me gold sluicing around Castlemaine.
Any suggestions
Hi LGH,what a great hobby you've chosen, i personally don't know anything of the Castlemaine area, however here is a link that has all the info you will require, including rules, maps, safety tips, and links for further information. If you really want to find gold mate, you're going to have to do a lot of reading. Good luck in the hunt, i'm sure you will have a lot of fun and adventure along the way.

if your lucky, and someone from the area is a member here, they might point you in the right direction. In the meantime explore this forum and read, read, read.

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/visit/popular-activities/fossicking

Best bet is to go through some older posts relating to the area you wish to try...it will help educate you on any other questions that might arise during your quest for treasures.
Sorry i dont know the area but im sure researching it on this forum will help you more.
Best of luck...

Hi all thanks for your info . have been reading a lot looking around on the site went on my first prospecting trip today to mount Franklin. You can not dig here so we the walked all around the mountain for about 5 hours and found some nice black rock and some crystal looking rock . Dose any one know what it is thanks I am still looking for gold panning places to go as I am near kyneton and I would like to say thanks very much to this site and the people on it for getting me out there .
Thanks The little gem hunter

It's pretty hard to identify rocks even with photos let alone without. When you get to 10 posts you should be able upload photos. Mt Franklin is volcanic from memory so you probably have a basaltic rock and if the crystals are green then they are probably olivine.
Jon

Sorry l didn't realise that l needed ten post before photo go up ,l tried for hours.l can't wait to show you what l found,l thank you for all your help.

only 7 to go mate...we are all keen to see what you have found.. :p do you know that your images need to be resized to fit on this forum?? best have that sorted by the time you hit the last post (10) and you will be ready to go.. :)

Little gem hunter said:
Hi everyone
Any suggestions

I must say you are very good with your spelling and grammar for a 9 year old, better than most 20-30 year olds on here!
You are showing up as online most of today aren,t you suppose to be at school today? :)

Swinging & digging said:
Little gem hunter said:
Hi everyone
Any suggestions

I must say you are very good with your spelling and grammar for a 9 year old, better than most 20-30 year olds on here!
You are showing up as online most of today aren,t you suppose to be at school today? :)

No that's mum doing the spelling I just tell her what to say .Iam the reader. And yes was at school all day today put could not wait to get home to get on this site thanks keep hunting

Little gem hunter

Just finished washing them with water and paint brush .the crystal looks some are clear and some (yellow-green) with a light on them. the other rocks are shiny and black some of the crystal is on rock with air holes all over it.they look so cool. and as soon as I can put photos on site you will see all my first find
Thanks
The little gem hunter :)

Swinging & digging said:
OK then?

Its just we get a lot of newbies posing as women or children and try to get information on gold locations.

That's ok dad said that people might think that,but lm a real nine year old girl who loves gems,and wanted to try and find some myself instead of buying them from all the markets l go to.hope to be able to post photos soon.so all can see my first find.I like gems as l find them fascinating and there so cool.
Thanks LGH

Hi everyone dose anyone know of a kids gold and gem web site that is similar to this for young children thanks little gem hunter

family orientated fossicking information and knowledge can be had right here.. I am sure that when you get 10 posts up and put up some pics the guys and girls will chime in with some good advice to help your family on its fossicking adventure.. :) ..
Little gem hunter said:
Hi everyone dose anyone know of a kids gold and gem web site that is similar to this for young children thanks little gem hunter

I don't think you'll find a forum of young kids with a wealth of experience. What kind of discussion would you want such a forum for? I would think kids with a special interest such as fossicking could be met by a facebook group or could be sectioned off in a site like this. While there are not a lot of young kids posting here there are a lot of families on this site which becomes evident at the fossicking meets. Usually there are kids around (including my own 5, 7, 12) when I have met up with other members such as at Tuena.
Jon

Latest posts