2nd outing with the Deus

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been fortunate to have gained permissions West, North and East of Canberra. All in old areas, some with old gold fields - some small, some a bit larger (none with nuggets - sigh (so far)). But anyway, I had a 2nd go with the Deus. This time in the afternoon session I went onto the "Hot" program. The ground was pretty moist and I was digging a bit deeper than normal, but not by much.

My first reaction when I saw a coppery looking coin edge on in the soil was "what?" But that was quickly replaced by shaking hands and, I'm told, voice.

Pics of 1871 half sov. Sydney Mint.

1529843425_half_sov_1.jpg

1529843425_half_sov_2.jpg

Amazing coin! Would you tell us what program you were using and what ID Number on the screen? :Y:
Thank you!

caparobertsan said:
Amazing coin! Would you tell us what program you were using and what ID Number on the screen? :Y:
Thank you!

In finding the coin I was using the "Hot" program. I can not tell you what the TID was at the time of digging. The tones were quite variable and the numbers jumped a little (the coin was deeper than I normally dig and the ground was moist). An air swing TID was a solid 71.

Goldpick said:
Drool, I want one - maybe one day! 8.(
this and last weeks have me stepping up research of everything old that i can get near , i have a couple of weeks door knocking coming up :Y:
i'll get one

Detectist said:
caparobertsan said:
Thank you!

In finding the coin I was using the "Hot" program. I can not tell you what the TID was at the time of digging. The tones were quite variable and the numbers jumped a little (the coin was deeper than I normally dig and the ground was moist). An air swing TID was a solid 71.
Thanks for that

OK, I should keep eyes on 71! I guess different depth and soil condition can alter the ID numbers.... I asked someone in USA he told me id on gold coin he found was 77!

Latest posts