2013 finds WickedWaz

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedWaz

Warren
Reaction score
This is my 1st post in coins. I spent about 8hrs all up and this patch is only 50% done. I think it is virgin ground judging by my finds, 90% came from this spot. The cool thing is, i can see the spot from my front yard. I love the quality of the silver, but pennys are a bit ratty from the ground. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to clean them up.. I use an AT Gold and must say i am impressed. My oldest coins are a 1882 Penny and 1910 silver sixpence.

I have only had my detector for 3 months and am getting more and more addicted. I also have found a few relics and a good bottle dump in town too..

I will post more of my finds as they happen..

Later,
Waz :)
1371370214_p1020904a.jpg

1371371124_p1020894x.jpg

That's awesome Waz! Those silver's are stunning. Doesn't look like they need much more cleaning? Tumbling, that's a great idea! I agree, this detecting stuff is truly addictive.

Ziggy said:
Wow great work, these are all pre decimal?
Yes Ziggy, they are all pre-decimal.. Cant wait to finish the patch off.. I dug a bit of junk, but the AT Gold is great for pinpointing and missing a lot. The more I dig the better i am getting at missing the junk..

Cheers
Waz

That's a huge haul of Silver from the one site, well done Waz. Any key dates in that lot?

Nugget said:
That's a huge haul of Silver from the one site, well done Waz. Any key dates in that lot?
Hi Nugget. I am not really sure about key dates, i am just starting to research them. Do you have any suggestions for resources on good coins and key dates?
I have noticed a lot of towns down here have the same area in them, i might need to check them. I might have found an un-tapped coin hunting area, that could be in a number of towns.. :)

Cheers
Waz

WickedWaz said:
I have noticed a lot of towns down here have the same area in them, i might need to check them. I might have found an un-tapped coin hunting area, that could be in a number of towns
What do old towns have in common;

1. Cemeteries - hmmm possibly more than coins to be found
2. Dumping ground for the night carts..... make sure you wear gloves
3. Wishing wells - seems your like your wishes have come true :)
4. The tip - make sure you have a good discrimination mode

WickedWaz said:
Nugget said:
Hi Nugget. I am not really sure about key dates, i am just starting to research them. Do you have any suggestions for resources on good coins and key dates?
I have noticed a lot of towns down here have the same area in them, i might need to check them. I might have found an un-tapped coin hunting area, that could be in a number of towns.. :)

Cheers
Waz

http://www.coins-stamps.com.au/pre-decimal-australian-coins.html

DSC_0269_zps94e39163.jpg

Hi just thought I'd share my finds. I think your eyes are just as important out there. I found 3 dollars, then eye spotted the 50 dollar note sitting in the grass. Also found a broken ring, copper right ring and a 1941 half penny. Also found a 1936 threepence not in pic, along with the rest in pic.. :)

Cheers Waz

Fantastic surprise and good spotting,l am also amazed as to how many pre decimals are just laying on top of the surface great hunting cheers vicplates

Latest posts