⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit of luck in the Creswick region yesterday, funny how a lot of things end up influencing how the day ends........
Booked in for a few days at Creswick.
Reneged on a couple of mates offer to join them at Smythesdale.
Had to drop the wife in Ballarat.
Went past E E Day to see if the loaner 14" Elite had been returned..... It hadn't.
Decided to bite the bullet and bought one.
Couple of hours detecting for just bullets and iron pieces.
Returned to the unit to watch the Essendon match ....
It wasn't being televised so had an hour and a bit to kill befor picking up the wife in Ballarat so back out into the field.
Was I lucky, better believe it .......

1435445154_image.jpg

1435445088_image.jpg

As found and after a bit of a scrub.....
Cheers (from a very happy/lucky) Tom

Congrats Teemore,

That coil will pay for itself! That's a nice Slugget!

Do you think the SDC would have "seen" that?

Cheers

RS

Awesome work Tom..Persistence pays off.

I've seen one of those coils and judging by the size I'm tipping its a bit more than 17 grams Walshie.

That new coil strikes again

Very nice mate :) I too would like to know the weight and how deep, these coils look like they may be a game changer.
Cheers

The reef i was working is exposed everywhere Golddigg but i reckon there are a lot more small nuggets there to be found with a more methodical search.

SCROUNGER said:
The reef i was working is exposed everywhere Golddigg but i reckon there are a lot more small nuggets there to be found with a more methodical search.

Do you ever use a dry Blower Scrounger ... I know the SDC will find tiny bits (mine has) but there's sure to be more that it doesn't get that a blower might is the soil is right.
Cheers T.

No Teemore i don't. I'm only a newbie mate and i wouldn't know a dry blower if i fell over one :lol: I think i understand the principle of them though? I pick up a lot of the small pieces suspended in the red clay of surfaced areas, but strangely enough i have also been getting small pieces in that dry, grey dusty soil found in the GT. Those pieces always surprise me more because they also seem suspended in that dusty powdery soil rather that lodged on the bottom where you would expect them to be. So surprised in fact that i often think i'm just digging another piece of shot.

Been checking out some new spots lately & haven't spent a good amount of time at any one place. Got these yesterday at 4 different spots all with the SDC. The good thing is there has been gold nearly every place I've been checking out but some has been hard work getting a bit to come to light. Hopefully over the next month or two I can get back to a couple of these areas & give them a decent amount of time - still got a few places in mind I need to do a quick check over first though :p Like Scrounger said in another post "too many spots not enough hours to do it all".
1435557897_14354828801631.jpg

The bigger bit & specci were within 3m of each other at my last port of call before having to head home at a well worked area. Think I might start there next time :lol:

A little foggy in the valleys yesterday too:
1435559203_14354828154590.jpg

Latest posts