⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G0lddigg@ said:
Just the two for me today. Gave my new pick a real flogging in some dredge tailings. Every inch down was like concrete. Hard won but the right colour. Sorry mbasko still coming up small mate only just over .6

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...86264_tmp_25934-20150621_2110361039817651.jpg
Oh well next time. :)
I had a quiet week too. 0.85 gram & 2 little speccis in a quick trip to Hill End.
1434888850_14347085561390.jpg

Plan was to try the GPC3500 but it was wet & had a couple of showers while out so I stuck to the waterproof SDC model :lol: Ran out of time so next week hopefully?

Some really great finds here lately which is great to see, keeps the rest of us (well, me) really thinking about our next trip out, looking to improve the percentages for a golden day ;)

Good work Bjay, quartz with gold and gold with quartz. Two great species :D and the bottom center looks crystalish?

:eek: I wish I could find some decent flakes or even the occasional picker in the pan, yet to find anything with a detector, the stuff you blokes seem to find regularly puts my efforts to shame :8 ,
all we seem to get in the northeast of Victoria is super fine flour gold, and a few real tiny flakes, but then again, I've only been at it for a few months now,
Only place I've been to is Eldorado, haven't found much but it's enough to keep me interested.

you fellas look like your on good ground though that's for sure!

:D

Went to a new area today for a bit of a look. Had a quick swing at the first spot before jumping back in the car to suss out some other areas nearby as the weather took a turn.
Got these 2 little tackers for a total of .22g with the SDC 4500 :p .
1434964562_20150622_190332-1.jpg

Strobez.94 said:
:eek: I wish I could find some decent flakes or even the occasional picker in the pan, yet to find anything with a detector, the stuff you blokes seem to find regularly puts my efforts to shame :8 ,
all we seem to get in the northeast of Victoria is super fine flour gold, and a few real tiny flakes, but then again, I've only been at it for a few months now,
Only place I've been to is Eldorado, haven't found much but it's enough to keep me interested.

you fellas look like your on good ground though that's for sure!

:D
If detecting around Eldorado, don't expect to get many nuggets, because of when and how the gold was created in the eastern half of the state. The stuff in the east tends to be fine alluvial gold, but the west half has more nuggets. So head west to try and find some chunks. I believe that gold up towards Beechworth can be a little bit chunkier, but it has been well worked.

I am sure that others will provide you with a better explanation.

Rob.

There has been nuggets found in the east generally small though but that's what most of us find anyway. But a lot of smalls ad up to a big. As mentioned research,research

Latest posts