⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all :D Just wanted to share two very small nuggets Ive found with the GPZ 7000. A 0.07 gram and a 0.10 gram. The sensitivity of this detector is impressive :eek: :goldnugget: :Y:
Found using the standard 14 coil.

1561691484_37e691a1-1477-4ec1-8349-b76ce26b8132.jpg

1561691866_4f66d7b4-8512-40b9-920f-0cb69b844ac2.jpg

I love the shapes of some of these nuggets. You're right Wishfull, that top left one is my fave too

Awesome!
Get ready for the rush to the central west NSW goldfields if that's being found in a day there! Nice! :)

Cheers,
Megsy

Soo..... the long awaited day has finally come! Second day out with my newly purchased SDC 2300, went out to the one creek that although I know has been pretty well flogged (mainly by people panning and highbanking when it has enough water), is only 1 of 2 places I know in my local area that I've gotten detectable sized gold, the largest I'd gotten being .27g... up until now!

I was up and down the gold bearing stretch of creek for a couple hours and was having issues with the SDC being quite "chatty" so was becoming disheartened as I couldn't imagine hearing the faint signals of any potential bits. Was about to give up but decided if I was going to have any chance I'd have to start scraping away layers of side of the bank and dislodging the rocks where I'd gotten some good alluvial stuff in the past. Within 5 minutes of doing so I got a decent signal, and the rest is history. :inlove: :inlove:

I present... "The Pyramid". My first ever nugget with a detector, and my biggest by far! Pretty stoked! :)

1562916740_20190712_164622_edited.jpg

1562916740_20190712_164718_edited.jpg

1562916740_20190712_165345.jpg

Moral of my story? Never give up!! :power: :fistpump:

Mate. Great work. How deep did you dig before the target was found , Chatty What settings are you on. If like me. On 5 and flat out. Then is not issue. Theres very tiny specks Take a pan and wash it. I have found the SDC picks up good ground of pay dirt The light bar goes from 2 to 3. Then over the pay dirt its goes to 4 to 5. But no actual signal of a nuggetlet. Take a sample of the dirt and take it home. It. Pays. My hint for the day. Mark

Cheers everyone! Still can hardly believe my luck.

When I first heard the target it was very faint but consistent so I knew it was something, then I felt around the area (under water) with my hand and felt a couple big chunks of quartz which I dislodged. Put the coil over again and signal quite a bit stronger... took a few whacks/scrapes of the side wall before it broke loose onto the ground (hard to say depth as it was under water on side of the bank, but I'd estimate at least 4-5 inches), then just a matter of targeting and collecting up into scoop... was embedded in a big chunk of blue clay, saw just tiny bit of colour poking out the side when I broke it in half and started shaking in excitement! I could tell it'd be a decent size when I waved it over coil and got a very loud signal.

And Mark you're more than likely spot on about the chatty sound being specks/flakes as that clay gravel is full of alluvial gold, much of it course and chunky, even the small tiny stuff. It had occurred to me that might be what was causing it, next time I'll be sure to take the pan/classifier with me as well and I can make use of the SDC to assist in telling me where the good "pannable" pay dirt is as well. :perfect:

Cheers!

Latest posts