⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madtuna said:
And all those people who said there is no gold left in Clermont, you just kicked them right in the nuts! Go you! :Y:
Agree with your comment, its about every prospecting areas. Not every bush or log has been searched, even the weather plays apart, been to ground in 30 plus and than went back over again in the wet and cold 3 and raining and picking up nice pieces in the same place as in the heat.

Ward69 said:
madtuna said:
And all those people who said there is no gold left in Clermont, you just kicked them right in the nuts! Go you! :Y:
Agree with your comment, its about every prospecting areas. Not every bush or log has been searched, even the weather plays apart, been to ground in 30 plus and than went back over again in the wet and cold 3 and raining and picking up nice pieces in the same place as in the heat.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4935
Better detecting in cooler weather , interesting thread. :Y:

1564561619_081c8577-8cc9-4a18-8631-38cbe8681ae0.jpg

Hey guys, so these are my first finds in Creswick today. Sadly no gold however the plus side is I cleaned out some trash and had a blast. I didnt get many images on the journey as it was just myself and my little puppy Jimmy.

In parts I had dramas with the iron I knew it was iron so I attempted to add iron reject but Im not sure what I did wrong but it didnt work apparently its supposed to cause like a momentary blank but it still just went nuts. However at least Im getting better at finding iron. :lol:

Weve got some famous 22 rounds in the top right and various old timer nails and yup some other random junk.

Hi Matt, there was evidence that previously the area has been worked, to be honest it wasnt a good sight. Holes had been left open roughly 8-12 months worth of cover in the hole suggest possibly within the last year. Plenty of iron targets still in the ground, will take some time just to clean out the trash in the hope something is there. I couldnt even in a few days do a solid sweep & Im still learning but will do my best

Finally got a couple of days spare and headed out to try the new GPX4500 in the Golden Triangle. Love the balance and feel of the new setup. Managed to swing it all day without too much aches and pains. A bit of a challenge on the first day with ground balancing, heavy overnight rain seemed to have really freshened up the ground. Managed to control it in enhance instead of normal. Found a lot of rubbish targets, also dug a lot of false signals? The second day was better, changed to my 14" elite coil and immediately noticed how much quieter it was. 3 hours later I figured something wasn't right, I'd hardly had to rebalance the ground. A check of my settings showed that the coil switch had moved from mono to cancel! A real beginner error! Check, check and check again. My persistence finally paid off though with my first nuglet, 2.49 grams and a bag of rubbish to dispose of. In all a great time out in the bush, I've learned so much already, and am keen to get out again. Steve

Got back out to creswick today, swung up until 2:30 this arvo, time just flew didnt realise and I was getting hungry. Half hour smoko for lunch bit of a Greek salad and some crackers and back at it

Then I found this, signal was piercing I thought junk its got to be. Sounds close to the surface no need to pinpoint to dig as it was a large target.
1564651301_bb0ddff0-d86f-48c3-90cf-72fd1d451c05.jpg

At first I thought yup thats my 4wd paid for but two things came to mind. Im only a beginner but I listen to what Im told and learn not to shabby either sometimes so firstly Target signal as said early was piercing and blew the headphones telling me it was trash and secondly the depth of this, wouldnt just be an inch bellow the surface..

On the back it writes Bugger Not Gold Ballarat 3350

1564651632_a2034b1e-6dde-4daf-8c2e-98e156bcbee5.jpg

On a plus side this is my first ever piece of gold detecting .11g its a start

Cheers RM, it may only be small but I have a feeling more will follow its little brother under my detector

StoneTheCrowsWhen I first dug it up my heart raced but I stayed fairly even headed I knew it wasnt possible still going in my collection to add as a memory lol if it was gold its as big as my fist shed way a bit Id say

Latest posts