⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dig'n-it said:
Good stuff Teemore.
That's how I display mine too. Mine are in a glass top display case with 24 containers per case. I put each trips fines in one container like you and keep a log of where and when found. Ufortunately all the nuggets are small and fit too easily inside the container. I'm looking forward to the day when one won't fit. :p
Cheers
I share your pain.

SC75; Have you got a few goldfish tanks lined up as display cases for your nuggs, none of those little tick tack cases for you buddy, the next one u find will probably need a forklift to extract, then u can always get a special display made up for it, just sayin!!

Dolphin said:
:Y: I love the middle picture with your big pet Rotty guarding your treasure,,,,,,,,lol :D

Didn't see the dogs head at first was trying to make out the black skull in the pic .......then ha ha its a dogs nose :eek:

ironrock said:
SC75; Have you got a few goldfish tanks lined up as display cases for your nuggs, none of those little tick tack cases for you buddy, the next one u find will probably need a forklift to extract, then u can always get a special display made up for it, just sayin!!
Hey ironrock
I have to be honest I did have a bit of a laugh when I read this but I feel a bit guilty finding some the nuggets that I have and posting it up on PA, while some are doing it tough. I dont mean to boast about it but just wanted to share some of my finds with fellow members.
Just do the research and dont think to big ;)

Never give up fellas :rainbow:

Dig'n-it said:
Good stuff Teemore.
That's how I display mine too. Mine are in a glass top display case with 24 containers per case. I put each trips fines in one container like you and keep a log of where and when found. Ufortunately all the nuggets are small and fit too easily inside the container. I'm looking forward to the day when one won't fit. :p
Cheers
Hey mate its been a while since we been out but I have to say Dign-it that day we went out is my favourite spot and its the most gold Ive ever found in one location. Its a massive gully and all gold bearing. I have found decent size nuggets from there and posted a 2 ouncer on PA. Theres still plenty there mate and I bet there is one still there that wont fit in your container ;)
PS- secret spot :Y:

Hello everyone, here are some photos of my first trip in the pilbara, I did my 2 best days ever the last week.
One of the days I found 3 patch, the first one gave me 4 nuggets, the second in a straight line and about 10 meters long gave me 37 nuggets including 7 nuggets in the same hole and four times 2 nuggets in the same hole.
The last one, just between my car and the second patch, gave me 9 nuggets in about not more than 2 meters square with 7 little ones in the same hole in a quartz reef, and a 4,3grammer and a 2,2grammer just next to the hole, total for the day 50 nuggets for 25,26g
And a few days later, I found my most beautiful species ever, very close to each other, about 20 inches deep each of the species, unfortunately nothing else around.
After I have done the gravity test, the results are 31g of gold in the one of the top, 25g of gold in the one on the left and 17g of gold in the one on the right, they are my biggest and more beautiful species I will ever find in my life
1529069317_img_6443.jpg

1529069385_img_6442.jpg

1529069457_img_6445.jpg

1529069564_img_6444.jpg

1529069597_img_6446.jpg

1529069647_img_6447.jpg

SC75 said:
Dig'n-it said:
Good stuff Teemore.
Cheers
Hey mate its been a while since we been out but I have to say Dign-it that day we went out is my favourite spot and its the most gold Ive ever found in one location. Its a massive gully and all gold bearing. I have found decent size nuggets from there and posted a 2 ouncer on PA. Theres still plenty there mate and I bet there is one still there that wont fit in your container ;)
PS- secret spot :Y:
Thanks SC ........ definitely a secret spot. We should catch up again out there. Don't really like getting out there on my own as its a little dangerous. Could easily slip and do an ankle or break something. As it is a secret spot I've followed the PA code of etiquette and haven't broken the trust by sharing it with others. My lips are sealed. ;) Haven't been out for months due to various reasons. Hope to be able to get out in the next couple of weeks. I'll send you a PM when I can. Cheers

Gasco29 ........ how good is that for your first trip. Well done, congrats, and thanks for sharing.
I for one truly appreciate people, like you, SC75, Moneybox and Madtuna to name a few, that share there good size finds. It's truly inspirational.
Did you stumble on to the spot or put in some solid research to find it?
Great photos.
Good luck with finding more. Cheers

Hey GasCo29, are you sure these are gold... they look more like dinosaur eggs!

I wouldn't clean them too much myself, I think they're a real talking piece just as they are, a lovely composition / shape and excellent examples from the area, well done mate!

Now get back there and get more!!

1529102977_pilbara_species.jpg

HeadsUp said:
Beautiful species mate , what machine were you using ?

Looks like you have paid for the beeping stick on one trip :Y: :Y: :Y:

Nicely won :)

Thank you mate, I have got the 7000, they all gave a very faint signal from the top despite the amount of gold inside, the one on the top of the photo, with just one once of gold inside was nearly 25 inches deep.

Yeah the machine paid for itself a long time ago already, so all of these species are just a big bonus which keep me thinking the big nugget is not far from coming to me :)

Dig'n-it said:
Gasco29 ........ how good is that for your first trip. Well done, congrats, and thanks for sharing.
I for one truly appreciate people, like you, SC75, Moneybox and Madtuna to name a few, that share there good size finds. It's truly inspirational.
Did you stumble on to the spot or put in some solid research to find it?
Great photos.
Good luck with finding more. Cheers

Thank you Dig'n it, it wasn't actually my first prospecting trip, just my first time prospecting in the pilbara, and I will for sure come back again in a couple of weeks :p

It's a pleasure to share my big finds, because that doesn't happen every days, and I have been looking at all the big finds photos on the forum so this time it was my time, hopefully Everybody will have some days like that again in the future :)

And the species were found in a place where a lot of people told me and my prospecting mates that no gold have ever been found there, so me and my mates kept looking and searching and we all found 3 species or more each in a couple of days.

Hi all, havnt been on for ages and recently bought a second hand 5000. Been on two trips from Adelaide to Vic and got a couple of goodies to show :) My Personal best on the first trip which made me happy camper.

Not sure how this will go been its so long and the scotch has addled the old grey matter some more.

1529136953_weddurburn_18_-_copy.jpg

A bit grainy but pfft, it worked.

1529137099_weddurburn_april_18_-_copy.jpg

PB on first trip :cool:

1529137224_weddurburn_june_18_-_copy.jpg

Two smaller ones from long weekend.

Thanks for looking :Y:

Latest posts