⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1517025396_imag0093.jpg

Dug this one then quit for the day. Was getting too warm. But, we'll be back on the Morrow.

Blackwolf said:

from FB Where I found it was extremely old workings. Where they used Mercury to extract gold. And I believe they used silver to eat up the mercury. Then they scrape the silver off and are left with the gold.

Could it be silver?

Hi Folks,

Went for a swing with a mate using SDCs on some old mullock heaps. They pick up gold that my gpx wouldnt see. Crickey the bits were small. PB for me (at the wrong end of the scale)
1517292473_d2321c0f-7d62-4e3d-9e0d-a9255f3689af.jpg

Still puts a smile on the dial regardless of the size of the nugget. I am now one step closer to becoming a millionaire out of prospecting. Lol

Cheers

Les

I'm on the board for 2018...

1517305165_goldjan2018.jpg

2 nice reefy bits I found downhill from an old quartz reef in a gully on my new permission, they are very prickly looking and will need some cleaning.

2 other small bits stuck in protruding bedrock in some old river workings.

Here's to a successful year in 2018!

Well done Lesgold, Sleckie and Dron :Y:. LG the 2300 is dynamite on those tiny ones the GPX misses. Dron your on a winner by the sounds of it :Y: gotta get myself an SP01. You guys just pacified my itch for a nano second and now it's full blown :lol: thanks for sharing.

More Leadshot said:
Thought I would post picture of my 3 small nuggets so far, new to detecting so happy with finds. Biting at the bit to get out and start 2018.
Well come on wheres the picture?? hehe need to see more gold :) :) ;)
All good I seen the on your other post well done :Y:

Sleckie74 said:
More Leadshot said:
Thought I would post picture of my 3 small nuggets so far, new to detecting so happy with finds. Biting at the bit to get out and start 2018.
Well come on wheres the picture?? hehe need to see more gold :) :) ;)
All good I seen the on your other post well done :Y:
Sorry everyone, don't know what happened to photo in above post. Hoping it works this time
Cheers Jamie

Latest posts