⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the wife's PB so far, a nice little one just under the gram, she was stoked. SDC found it about 6" down
1517916144_image.jpg

Cheers,
Elusive

Congrats on your finds ! Especially the mdaillon from bigwave :Y: good to find something else sometimes..

Last week I spent two days out and here is what I found unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of the gold and I sold some in Ballarat few days ago but anyway I put the video that way you can have a better idea of the size etc..
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/sCe42fEuh2Q[/video]
Talk to you soon
Cheers!

Hi Paul
Good to see you still having success. You deserve it as you work hard at it. Looking forward to catching up when my new titanium hip settles down. I am really hanging to get back out with Steve and yourself again. Hopefully in 3 to 4 weeks.

Cheers
Bob

Chewy said:
I remember that post MB. That was just after we met up at Wedderburn. :Y: :)

Yes Chewy, seems like a lifetime ago. We had worked our way down from QLD where we found a bit near Mt Isa and Clermont. Then we dropped into Wattle Creek in NSW for a couple of little half gramers before meeting up with you guys. After that we slipped down to Jupiter Creek in SA for a few more. We just wanted to say that we've found a bit in each state but we're yet to have a swing in NT or TAZ but they are on the bucket list.

There's a little bit of gold to be found all over this great big country of ours. I've seen stories of guys heading to WA because they say there's none left in their home state. The truth of the matter is, If you can't find some at home you're unlikely to find it here. It's no easier to find gold in WA. It's just spread over a much larger area. You still have to work on the research and technique to get lucky.

Paul13 said:
Congrats on your finds ! Especially the mdaillon from bigwave :Y: good to find something else sometimes..

Last week I spent two days out and here is what I found unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of the gold and I sold some in Ballarat few days ago but anyway I put the video that way you can have a better idea of the size etc..
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/sCe42fEuh2Q[/video]
Talk to you soon
Cheers!

Great video Paul even if you had me sitting sideways in my chair to watch it at one point ]:D

maxwell4 said:
Hi Paul
Good to see you still having success. You deserve it as you work hard at it. Looking forward to catching up when my new titanium hip settles down. I am really hanging to get back out with Steve and yourself again. Hopefully in 3 to 4 weeks.

Cheers
Bob

Hi bob!
Looking forward to see you too and I got some good sdc spots to show you :D
I hope you will feel well soon! :Y:

Hi Bob,

Good to hear that you are up and about. Youll be all over the place like a two year old once you build up your strength in the leg. The one advantage of the metal hip is that if you ever get lost, anyone with a gpz should be able to find you from about a k away. Take care mate.

Cheers

Les

Recovered from a piece of ordinary looking quartz, the SDC said there should be gold inside ..... wasn't wrong.
Crushed and panned for 0.12gms.

1518086794_fullsizeoutput_12f7.jpg

These bits from a chunk of conglomerate about the size of half a matchbox, picked up with the SDC, showed colour when fist hit and heaps more when crushed a bit further, a few additional flakes were recovered after it was pulverised. ....

1518087034_fullsizeoutput_12ec.jpg

1518087035_fullsizeoutput_12f3.jpg

This lot totalled just on 0.9gm so just over the gram all up.

Happy hunting, Tom

Teemore said:
Recovered from a piece of ordinary looking quartz, the SDC said there should be gold inside ..... wasn't wrong.
Crushed and panned for 0.12gms.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1375/1518086794_fullsizeoutput_12f7.jpg

These bits from a chunk of conglomerate about the size of half a matchbox, picked up with the SDC, showed colour when fist hit and heaps more when crushed a bit further, a few additional flakes were recovered after it was pulverised. ....

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1375/1518087034_fullsizeoutput_12ec.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1375/1518087035_fullsizeoutput_12f3.jpg

This lot totalled just on 0.9gm so just over the gram all up.

Happy hunting, Tom

That's really good ground by the looks of that lot I hope you find plenty more well done :Y:.

Northeast said:
Lots more work to do there :Y:

Yeah, be nice to find where they dug up the conglomerate, must have been a rich bit of ground probably the bottom of an old creek, sadly think it probably fell off their cart on the way to the crusher.

Will go back for another look.
Cheers T.

Teemore said:
Northeast said:
Lots more work to do there :Y:

Yeah, be nice to find where they dug up the conglomerate, must have been a rich bit of ground probably the bottom of an old creek, sadly think it probably fell off their cart on the way to the crusher.

Will go back for another look.
Cheers T.

Nothing sad about it at all if it is the old cart track leading to the crushing plant. If it is you could do really well if the area hasn't been hit hard in recent times. The only other bonus would be finding the creek bed if that's where it came from.

Latest posts