⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wally69 said:
Nice handful RS, :cool: think I have lost 2kg of sweat on the lounge just looking at the finds rolling in this year.

My gold fever is starting to become uncontrollable, might need to do a weekend runner soon.

Just pick cooler weather, its unbearable at the moment and difficult to maintain concentration!

Bjay said:
Great finds RS there the bread and butter of the sdc and finding them is always better than pulling heaps of shot and no gold so I reackon ya did well.

Hey Bjay,

They add up over time, about 4 gms short of an SDC ounce.

1486291215_capture_4.jpg

Cheers

RS

I've always said..."An ounce (of Gold) is an ounce, is an ounce...no , matter how it comes, it still pays (mostly) the same".. :D

Good work folks, thanks for sharing.

Gypsy

You gotta get out again then RS so close but not to far to go. Love looking at stuff like that as it just shows the passion and dedication and just a little bit of bloody minded craziness that we all call the gold fever. :D a lot of people I know like to look at the gold I find but they just don't really get it. If I can't get out for a bit I just love seeing other people's finds because in some way I can kind of feel the moment. :D

You blokes are a Bugga of a bad influence on Me

Now I am going to be ordering a new GPX-4500,, If only I can get the shop to Answer the damn phone.

I Blame you ALL entirely, This is not my fault, I am a Victim of your Success and I hope you all feel Guilty. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS, I will up date you on my progress shortly,

And I thank you All from the Bottom of my Heart.

John.

Retirement Stone I don't have a Eureka ounce like you have an SDC ounce, I have just cracked the gram mark. More like an ounce of shot. A while ago I posted this showing my total life time gold finds.
1486859614_nuggets_2_2017.jpg
I recently weighed my shot from late November 2016 to the end of January 2017 at 28 grams. That is just small shot and some slug gun pellets no bullets. But my smiley face is slowly changing. This is what it looks like now.
1486859791_smiley_face_complete_feb_10th_2017.jpg

All but two of the nuggets were found with the Eureka Gold and six of them this year. I have been vigorously pursuing the shot and it has lead me to gold. Only 240 more nuggets to get the ounce. By then I should have about thirty ounces of shot. I don't mind finding the shot because on my detector it sounds just like the little gold nuggets that I have found. So the digs are exciting for a time. Someone posted a comment somewhere on this forum "un dug shot means un dug gold". This is proving to be true for me. So if I am digging shot then I think I am a chance to find gold. I have posted in more detail in the Minelab section of the forum to provide a bit of encouragement to other Eureka Gold users.

Cheers Bob.

I AM GLAD YOU ARE DOING WELL WITH YOUR MINELAB GOLD.
I AM STILL TEACHING MINE HOW TO FIND GOLD !!!!!! 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( 8) 8) 8)

To Always Looking.
It took a long time to train my Eureka Gold. Three and a half years to find my first bit. But I had the distraction of panning so I wasn't always using the detector. If there was a bit of water about I would pan instead, I found more with the pan and home made sluice at the time. But water has been scarce so rather than prospect for few months of the year the detector means I can go all year round. If you are serious about your Eureka there is a very good thread started by Au Fever over in the minelab section of the forum. Go to the start and read it all. It helped me to stick with it and now with persistence I have achieved a little success.

Cheers Bob.

Yes I do get them out from time to time just to see if they have grown any and re-arrange them. I gave them a wash and a scrub the other week and I think they lost a bit of weight instead of getting heavier. By the end of the year I hope my smiley has an outline and some ears as well.

Cheers Bob.

Thats the sweet sound of SDC doing what it does best.

You will get more gold with the sdc by firmly having the coil on the ground.

I do a lot of rock kicking these days and moving branches and sticks. Gold is getting scarcer where I go.

Just about to take the gpx 4500 plunge. looks like a lot of setting and switches compared to SDC will see how it goes.

Cheers BW.
No I was pretty stoked when I found the 0.16. We get our ears tested every 2 years and every 2 years they are getting worse. I been working with the same mob for 15 years now so they won't be getting any better :N: :mad: it's not easy finding the smaller ones, 100% concentration. I had the swing really slow for that one :Y:

Latest posts