⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great finding the little ones mate but ide be way more more stoked with the big one as I'm sure you are. You'd have to find 46.25 of them little fellas to make up the big one. 46.25 small bits of gold ads up to about 3 or 4 hundred little bits of lead to sort through ;)

Haha yeah good point BJ.I'm just stoked that i can find the little ones. I believe it takes more skill to find the smaller ones and a good set of ears. Most of the big ones I find are very shallow just about any detector can find them you just got to walk over them ;)

Mate I'll have your hearing ability any day if that's what ends up on the scales :Y: , well done they look fantastic.

Was lucky enough to find a little patch so I've been hitting it with every detector and coil combo I can and they've all produced.

Initial runs with 5000 with 15 Evo, 12 Evo and 11" Detech

1487144275_screenshot_2017-02-15-18-02-53-1-1.jpg

Then got these with the SDC

1487144316_screenshot_2017-02-15-18-02-17-1-1.jpg

Then went over with GPZ and 19"

1487144437_20170208_175426-1-1.jpg

The worst part about patches is they eventually run out but very fun while the gold is coming out.

SC75 said:
Cheers BW.
No I was pretty stoked when I found the 0.16. We get our ears tested every 2 years and every 2 years they are getting worse. I been working with the same mob for 15 years now so they won't be getting any better :N: :mad: it's not easy finding the smaller ones, 100% concentration. I had the swing really slow for that one :Y:

Wearing headphones while detecting especially if your a frequent operator for hours on end will damage your hearing long term!
I suffer from a hearing loss in one ear ( birth defect ), work in noisy industries always use hearing protection etc at work, now suffer
from very annoying tinnitus in my good ear?

Use to use headphones in early detecting days but knew it was having Negative effects on my hearing. :eek:

Swinging & digging said:
Wearing headphones while detecting especially if your a frequent operator for hours on end will damage your hearing long term!
I suffer from a hearing loss in one ear ( birth defect ), work in noisy industries always use hearing protection etc at work, now suffer
from very annoying tinnitus in my good ear?

Use to use headphones in early detecting days but knew it was having Negative effects on my hearing. :eek:

Other than the birth defect, i too suffer from "industrial" deafness in one ear (which suffers tinnitus), and had the same issue with h/phones...yet find i can use ear-buds with/out ear muffs without the "pressure" overload i experience when using headphones.

It's not 'always' the 'volume' that does the damage... ;)

YMMV..
Gypsy

VN Nenad, any weight, hard to tell the size without a reference point.
Nicely cleaned out btw.

Northeast said:
Phase tech, what are things that look like 'roo poo? :/ Muscat balls?

Not all 'ball' ammo was used in muskets...many .50cal flintlocks, percussion cap and hammer arms....

Commonly called 'musket' rounds, but not likely...not many 'muskets' were bought over in the early days....and 'flintlocks' designed in the early 1800's with the Winchester Arms lever in 1880's...

More info. re timelines here;... http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/technique/gun-timeline/

Gypsy

Latest posts