⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol Bjay.Sorry mate i can't make it but next year you might have found a 60 ouncer then maybe i can rub myself against you at the next camp. PS I like spooning.

Retirement Stone said:
SC75 said:
I'm a bit blown away from all the replies :eek: Thanks all for your comments :)

I hope everyone of you guys find your dream nugget one day, you just never know because there is a lot bigger and a lot more nuggets to be found :) just do the research, be dedicated to a certain area until you absolutely covered every inch of that ground and try to stay positive.
I get days where my mind wonders and i'm just not feeling it and i pretty much know i won't find nothing :mad: Its a mental thing, just got to stay focused ;)

Some much needed advice thats timely for me.

Sitting here at Nundle and spent half a day raking/digging then detecting for 0. I have found gold in this area before but not today, which is diffcult with an SDC in hand. Not many days where I get nothing. Plenty of lead which means the area has not been over too thoroughly.

Back to basics tomorrow with a better mind set!

Cheers SC75

RS

Best of luck mate, hope tomorrow proves better.

Thanks mbasko you're pretty much in the same boat mate, all mountain goat country. It's tough going but you're an experienced operator that a lot of us can learn from and i'm still learning every time i go out.
and no worries RS there could be one just waiting for you mate, all the best.

SC75 said:
lol Bjay.Sorry mate i can't make it but next year you might have found a 60 ouncer then maybe i can rub myself against you at the next camp. PS I like spooning.
All the better if we can spoon with your nuggets(that's definitely your gold ones)not the other ones that people's was thinking

Retirement Stone said:
SC75 said:
I'm a bit blown away from all the replies :eek: Thanks all for your comments :)

I hope everyone of you guys find your dream nugget one day, you just never know because there is a lot bigger and a lot more nuggets to be found :) just do the research, be dedicated to a certain area until you absolutely covered every inch of that ground and try to stay positive.
I get days where my mind wonders and i'm just not feeling it and i pretty much know i won't find nothing :mad: Its a mental thing, just got to stay focused ;)

Some much needed advice thats timely for me.

Sitting here at Nundle and spent half a day raking/digging then detecting for 0. I have found gold in this area before but not today, which is diffcult with an SDC in hand. Not many days where I get nothing. Plenty of lead which means the area has not been over too thoroughly.

Back to basics tomorrow with a better mind set!

Cheers SC75

RS
Gotta remember tomorrow's a different day start with a positive mindset and everything generally just works out ok

1477107286_2016-10-22_14.28.39.jpg

This mornings effort from old reef mine workings.

I have been washed out with the weather but am warm and dry in a cabin.

Only weighs 0.13gm but it restores my faith in finding gold in Nundle.

Looks like they haven't travelled to far SP. Well done mate :) and i've found a couple of buttons like that, not sure if there european or chinese?

It is great to see you getting out and about a bit more RS.

That little crystaline bit should be interesting to photograph once it has been soaking for a while. :cool:

Thanks Wally,

I have been made redundant from my daywork job and will soon be back to shiftwork which means stints of days off during the week again and gaining a life back away from work!!!

After all what other hobby can you spend $300, 2 days of digging and 2 of your annual leave days for $15 worth of gold!

To be fair I only spent about 6 hours each day on the pick. That equates to $1.25 per hour! Or overall I was losing $23.75 every hour of digging!

I love the "how much gold do you get and does it pay for your expenses questions"!

I will do my max best to get to Hill End to catch up with the crew that introduced me to the world of night time detecting.

Will get some better shots next time.

Cheers

RS

Heatho said:
Very interesting nugs RS, I'm keen for a gold hunt soon too, hopefully the weather gets better soon.

Will catch up with you one day somewhere be it gold or gems, I love looking for either!

Cheers

RS

Here is a picture of some gold I got in WA this year. All up about 500 grams. Couple of nice bits; 67 gm slug and estimated 80 grams in 130 gm specie.

Took about 10 weeks detecting, mostly with GPZ.

My 50/50 mate got about the same.

A great trip which I enjoyed very much.

1477296810_dscf3443.jpg

Photo of the rig!

1477296744_dscf3579.jpg

Latest posts