⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is spectacular!

I dream of that stuff! Love your one person setup!

Thanks for taking the time to share!

Cheers

RS

G'Day Imadogman,
Looks like you got the picture posting sorted out, great images and a fab gold hunt.
Cheers, SinHof.

perfect looking setup. If it doesn't fit in the ute it doesn't belong (wife insists she is not hanging onto roof racks).

I'm surprised about the beanie and jacket.

Good gold and do you plan on smashing up the specie's or do you just clean them ?.

All the small ones were crushed, but kept the large one as it is a nice piece. Who knows I might recycle it one day but for now it is a good one to look at! My scales only went to 100 gms, but this weighed in at 130.

Ute has 200w solar panels built in to operate all the time; 120 litres water and 40 litres extra diesel. Two tyres and I needed them. WA can get very cold, especially with wind chill factor kicking in.

1477347004_dscf3484.jpg

I found gold with my SDC 2300 on my fourth outing. I attended a Minelab training day last Sunday in White Hills, Bendigo and decided I wasn't leaving without finding gold. Luckily I didn't have to hang around too long.

This was found near the front gate of the reserve in a high EMI area. I was running sensitivity on 2 and threshold on three. Very happy with 0.13g for my first piece after finding 15 pieces of bird shot and feeding a swarm of mozzies for a couple of hours :D

1477793018_dsc00138.jpg

1477793018_dsc00139.jpg

1477793018_dsc00140.jpg

Sorry about the fuzzy pics...

Congrats,

Its true about the first bit is the hardest to find, was for me anyway.

Now I back myself to find something every outing.

Interesting such low sensitivity and threshold settings. Did the training give you those tips for high EMI areas?

I mostly run mine on max everything, I did dial it back at Nundle due to dull the hot rocks a little.

Look for to seeing many from here on in!

Cheers

RS

Congrats Maltisau.

Nice looking peice for your first.
Now the pressures off you can work on some more :D you will have confidence in yourself and your machine now ;)