⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F me just seen it wow. Well done I think I've said this before but that's what my dreams are made of.

Bjay said:
F me just seen it wow. Well done I think I've said this before but that's what my dreams are made of.
There out there Bjay and a lot bigger. I reckon there's quite a few PA members that have found a lot bigger but chosen to keep it quiet :|

davent said:
Congrats mate!
2nd biggest in 17 months??? You are doing ok then!
Victoria?
Yeah 17 months davent but i used to go out with the old man when i was a little tacker, that's not included though lol and found it in VIC mate.

I dream about that stuff, thanks for sharing SC75 and having the presence of mind to take the photos.

I was happy to get a half a gram that someone else missed cause an unfilled hole was littered with small pieces of steel! That's the next level!

Cheers

RS

Makes me think a bit( doesn't really hurt too much) you've been going at it about the same amount of time as I have and definitely have to revisit old areas where we first found gold. When I first found my first piece I knew nothing but has been a pretty steep learning curve since.congrats on the new find , it's what we all aim for but most will never find. I'm sure time and effort has rewarded you. :D

SC75 said:
Thanks fellas :)
Yeah it was a screamer, it doesn't look that deep but it was around 23,24 inches.
I had it in General, sens 15, thresold 30.
Not only did a modern day prospector just missed it so did the old timers.The gully was worked in the 1860s, most of it sluiced out but these areas were worked frantically by the early miners and a lot of gold was missed. I just hope they missed a lot more haha.

That's a fabulous nugget SC75 and I too dream of one day pulling one of those out instead of the usual can. I guess a nugget like that would really go off on any decent detector but I'm interested to know what you're swinging?

Phil

SC75 you just nailed why we love what we do. Congratulations thanks for sharing it's a bloody ripper.

On ya Steveo! Couldn't have happened to a better bloke. I know you put in the hard yards and its well deserved. Well done again mate!

SC75....... I am speechless....... I am without speech. (Quote from George off Seifeld).

What a stonker of a nugget!!!!!!! When I started reading your post I thought you were going to show us a tiddler.
That is the sort of piece we all (us mere mortals) aspire to find.
Congratulations on your efforts. You've inspired me for next weekend.

Rob.

Thanks again fellas, much appreciated.

Im swinging a 7000 Phil/Moneybox and going back it probably wasnt 23 inches deep, it was more around 19,20 inch.
I was a bit in shock to worry about the depth lol and my biggest BW was 408 grams.
I posted it in Shown n Tell over a year or so ago.
1476936920_img_1479_1.jpg

1476936945_img_1502.jpg

1476938426_img_1484.jpg

Total was 13ozt but after a SG test it weighed 11ozt. The one i just found was half the size in weight of gold, had a lot more quartz.

Latest posts