⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to come home from the meet today, but on the way out a little area caught my eye. So I pulled over and had a poke about. I couldn't believe how quiet it was in this area compared to the surrounds which had a fair bit of trash. Anyways long story short, I had to make tracks so headed back to the Exploder. Got a nice signal along the track and RM Outback pulls up just at the right time. Thanks for taking the pics Rob. About 8 inches deep I reckon. Pretty happy to find another bit. Thats the last 3 trips I've found gold. Getting consistent now just want more or bigger bits. Lol it's good stuff. :D
1477824382_mms_img-2105502205-480x853.jpg
1477824403_mms_img246889623-640x360.jpg
1477824419_mms_img1344825221-640x360.jpg
1477824435_20161030_185730-480x853.jpg

Retirement Stone said:
Congrats,

Its true about the first bit is the hardest to find, was for me anyway.

Now I back myself to find something every outing.

Interesting such low sensitivity and threshold settings. Did the training give you those tips for high EMI areas?

I mostly run mine on max everything, I did dial it back at Nundle due to dull the hot rocks a little.

Look for to seeing many from here on in!

Cheers

RS

That was pretty much it RS. Dial back the sensitivity for high EMI areas. I just played around a bit with the settings until the detector sounded good to my ear. Seemed to work for me as others had swung over that piece that same day and missed it. I should have asked what their settings were to see if that was the difference or maybe I was just better at picking up the signal on the day. Anyway, it proves that you don't have to run the machine at max to find gold.

Everyone I spoke to on the day was very happy they did the training and thought it well worth the money.

Chewy said:
I had to come home from the meet today, but on the way out a little area caught my eye. So I pulled over and had a poke about. I couldn't believe how quiet it was in this area compared to the surrounds which had a fair bit of trash. Anyways long story short, I had to make tracks so headed back to the Exploder. Got a nice signal along the track and RM Outback pulls up just at the right time. Thanks for taking the pics Rob. About 8 inches deep I reckon. Pretty happy to find another bit. Thats the last 3 trips I've found gold. Getting consistent now just want more or bigger bits. Lol it's good stuff. :D

Was quite ground that spot Chewy, watching you punch the air when it was in your hand was a golden moment congratulations again.

Well done fellas. Some nice looking gold. Save some for us chewy.
I've been a few times in the last few months but just small stuff each time and haven't taken any pics. The mozzies are out of control at the minute in Vic!

I don't need the motivation but we live 1000 km away from the nearest gold so there's no way we can just pop out for the weekend. Mrs M has her 60th birthday party this weekend anyway so I think I'd better stick around ;)

Latest posts